Childcare Lead Educator | Kawana
Journey Early Learning is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate, and experienced Lead Educator to work within the team, leading the planning, implementing, and evaluating programs, for all children at Journey Early Learning | Kawana
Who are we?
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create a safe, secure, homely environment where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
What do we offer?
Our people are at the heart of our success and in shaping our children’s future. We recognise and celebrate that each member of our community brings the best version of themselves to work every day. In return, we provide opportunities to grow, be inspired, empowered and truly love where you work.
Joining our community provides you access to the below benefits:
- 80% off Childcare Discounts
- Anniversary Gifts to recognise you
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Access to visible leaders and founders
- Mental Health First Aid
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities to participate in targeted professional learning
- Emerging leadership opportunities for growth and career development
- Immediate access to our learning portal, Journey Academy
- High-quality resources and environments
- Core values that we live and breathe
What’s the role?
This is a Permanent part-time opportunity, located in Kawana
We are genuinely committed to investing in our people. We will offer you the tools, training and support needed in your new role.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child safe policy and code of conduct
- Assisting in the preparation of materials and equipment for children's education and recreational activities
- Managing children's behaviour and guiding children's social development
- Preparing and conducting activities for children
- Supervising children in recreational activities
- Supervising the daily routine of children
- Supervising the hygiene of children
Who are you?
You are creative and child focussed with a passion to lead and develop age specific programs and daily routines. You will work as part of the centre team, building strong relationships with educators, children, and families.
Key skills and requirements:
- An ACECQA recognised Certificate III or higher
- Experience leading and developing age specific programs and routines
- An approved Working with Children Check (State Specific)
- Current Asthma, Anaphylaxis and First Aid Certificates
So, if this opportunity resonates with you and you believe you can contribute to the team’s success in this role – apply now!
Join us at Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, well-being, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from culturally or linguistically diverse backgrounds. We are committed to all children's safety, participation, and empowerment.