The Department of Children, Youth Justice and Multicultural Affairs currently have permanent PO2 Child Safety Officer (CSO) vacancies in our Rockhampton Child Safety Service Centre (CSSC). Working with the department gives you the opportunity to work together with people, partners and places to support children, young people and families to be safe and to thrive in culture and communities.
CSO’s are responsible for delivering statutory child protection services including assessment, intervention, casework and case management in accordance with legislation and practice guidelines. CSO’s work in teams (often multi-disciplinary) based in CSSC covering specific geographical areas in various locations across Queensland.
How we reward you
- Permanent positions available for immediate start
- Professional practice skills
- An attractive salary package including 12.75% super and annual leave loading
- Industry-leading training and support as well as promotional and development opportunities
- Family support through parental leave and flexible working arrangements
We look for people who have
- A bachelor level qualification in social work, psychology, human services or behavioural science. Other bachelor degrees are acceptable, so if you have other qualifications, please have a conversation with us
- A valid driver's licence
- The department has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy requirement all Child Safety Officers are required to be fully vaccinated.
- The right to live and work in Australia You will be relationships-focused, have strong engagement, communication, written and time management skills. This compliments your commitment to be a team-player and provide great customer service. You will join an organisation committed to creating diverse, inclusive, connected, capable and supportive workplaces.
Rural and remote opportunities
If you are also looking for rural and remote opportunities, we have several permanent opportunities available for immediate start (current vacancies in Bundaberg, Cairns, Emerald, Gladstone, Innisfail, Ipswich, Mackay, Maryborough, Mt Isa, Rockhampton, Kingaroy, and Toowoomba. CSOs can work anywhere in Queensland as we have Child Safety Service Centres in coastal areas, inland rural towns, and remote communities. Placements outside of our metro areas can provide invaluable exposure to a broad range of casework opportunities, working in smaller communities, gaining a broader experience in cultural awareness and the ability to work directly with indigenous communities. The skills you acquire as a regional or remote child protection practitioner will help further your future career prospects. If you are not only looking for a career but a life changing experience, consider kick starting your career in one of our regional or remotely located Service Centres.
How to apply
Find out more about the application process; we look forward to hearing from you!
Our Recruitment team engage staff for all 53 Child Safety Service Centres across state-wide Queensland. We have a continuous applicant pool which allows for applications at any time of the year and allows you to track your application through our recruitment portal. If deemed suitable, your details will remain in the CSO talent pool and you will be contacted further by our Recruitment team at the time an opportunity arises. We may request your participation in other recruitment selection processes, (for example online testing or telephone interview) to further determine suitability for employment as a CSO.