Gladstone Women's Health is a dynamic and impactful non-profit organisation, committed to promoting the health and well-being of women in our community.
Established in 1992, the organisation has remained committed to its founding goals of empowering and improving the overall health and wellbeing of women of the Gladstone Region, while growing to be the leading support organisation for women; especially those who have experienced, or are at risk of experiencing, domestic and family violence, and sexual abuse.
Our purpose is to advance health, safety, equality and wellbeing for women and families through accessible support, advocacy, education and social change services, in collaboration with aligned community partners.
Our vision is health, safety, equity and wellbeing for all women and families within the Gladstone and Banana Shire Region.
Join us in making a meaningful difference in women's health and well-being. Become a driving force for positive change as the CEO of Gladstone Women's Health.
We are seeking a visionary, experienced and accountable leader to join our team as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CEO will play a pivotal role in advancing the organisation's mission, fostering collaboration, and driving impactful outcomes. As the face of Gladstone Women's Health, the CEO will lead by example, inspire a dedicated team, and engage stakeholders to ensure the continued success and impact of our organisation.
- Provide strategic leadership and sound management to fulfill the organisation's mission and goals.
- Collaborate with the Management Committee to develop and implement strategic priorities, policies and initiatives, and ensuring the Management Committee have the information and resources they need to effectively govern the organisation.
- Oversee day-to-day operations, ensuring efficient and effective delivery of services, programs and events.
- Lead fundraising efforts, donor and grant maker engagement, and grant applications to secure financial sustainability.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including community organisations, healthcare providers, business/industry and government agencies.
- Advocate for women's health and equality issues and contribute to public discourse on relevant matters including domestic and family violence.
- Manage and mentor a diverse team of professionals, promoting a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Ensure organisational sustainability through good financial management and decision making.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, ethical standards and reporting requirements.
- Ensure the collection and management of sensitive data for grant related reporting and impact evaluation.
You will be a calm, considered and caring person, who has:
- A desire to make a difference for women and their families.
- The ability to inspire, motivate and lead a diverse team to achieve organisational objectives.
- Proven leadership experience at an executive level, preferably in the non-profit or healthcare sector.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities, with a track record of building partnerships and collaborations.
- Demonstrated understanding of women's health issues, gender equity and related social issues.
- Commitment to advocacy and community engagement.
- Strong strategic thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in fundraising, grant writing and financial management.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in healthcare, business, public health, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
Reward and Benefits
A comprehensive rewards package is on offer for this role, whilst also providing a fulfilling and enriching work experience.
Competitive Remuneration: We understand the importance of recognising your expertise and dedication. The CEO will receive a competitive remuneration package and have access to salary sacrifice benefits.
Relocation Assistance: If you are the successful candidate and not currently living in the Gladstone region, help with your relocation costs is available.
Professional Growth: We are committed to your ongoing professional development. You'll have opportunities to enhance your leadership skills and broaden your impact.
Meaningful Impact: Joining Gladstone Women's Health means being part of a purpose-driven organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of women. Your work will have a profound impact on the community, allowing you to find purpose and fulfillment in your role.
Passionate Community: You'll have the opportunity to engage with a passionate and dedicated community of professionals, volunteers, and supporters who are committed to advancing women's health, empowering women to achieve their goals and working together to eliminate domestic and family violence.
Interested? You are invited to submit your expression of interest, including a resume and cover letter, outlining why you are interested in this role and the skills/experience you bring. If you identify a gap in your skills and experience, tell us how you would manage that.
Gladstone Women's Health is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.