About the Role:
Ventia's chefs play an integral part within our remote villages.
This role is based at our Dysart Village and the successful candidate will work on a DIDO or FIFO 2:1 Roster on a permanent basis. High quality, private accommodation provided on site for the duration of your swing.
We are seeking qualified chefs to deliver a quality catering experience across breakfast, dinner, and crib meals in accordance with the Ventia Food Safety System.
Other key deliverables will include:
- Prepare food and serve according to menu and food safety program guidelines
- Assist to ensure kitchen and site management complies with the Ventia Food Safety System and CCP audit requirements.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers and barbeques
- Assist in the management of stock rotation, control and menu planning as per contract requirements
- Work collaboratively with catering staff to ensure fluid services and respond to residents' dietary requirements
What are we seeking?
- Experience cooking in large commercial kitchen
- Knowledge of Food Safety Requirements
- Ability to work a DIDO or FIFO 2:1 roster
- Australian recognised Certificate III in Commercial cookery (or relevant experience)
- Qualified Food Safety Supervisor, or ability to obtain (preferable)
- Unrestricted Australian work rights
- We offer genuine career progression in village management and hospitality.
- Recreational facilities such as BBQ areas, entertainment centres and equipped gyms
- Competitive salary commensurate with your experience
- Coherent team culture, "feel a sense of community and engagement"
- Private accommodation included
- We advocate for supporting diversity and inclusion.
All applicants must be willing to undergo and successfully complete:
- A police Check
- Pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing
The Ventia Village Services team provides comprehensive village management services including facilities maintenance, land management, domestic services, administration, security, wellbeing, and catering services.
Ventia are proud to be delivering operational excellence and village management services to our client Ausco, for their Stayover Villages.
We provide village management operations on-site including administration, catering, housekeeping and grounds maintenance. Easternwell are passionate about ensuring all residents experience the highest level of quality and service during their stay. We are looking for individuals who share our vision for warm and welcoming "home away from home" style hospitality.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please click apply button on this page. Please upload your resume and copies of your relevant licences, tickets, and qualifications.
Position Reference Number: 139991
We acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.