Ventia's Chef position is based at our Anglo American Mine Site Camp in Moranbah, working a 14 day on/ 7 day off roster, drive in-drive out, with meals and accommodation provided whilst on site. This is a permanent role with a salary of $88,903.17 plus superannuation, annual leave and sick leave is also accrued.
- Ensure efficient food prep and meal services
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers and barbeques
- Participate in the implementation and management of the Food Safety Program
- Clean, sanitise and maintain cooking utensils, equipment and food preparation areas
- Participate in regular stock take an inventory control activities
- Document cleaning schedules, incoming goods, food holding units and temperature probes
What we're looking for
- Australian recognised Commercial Cookery qualification cert 3 minimum
- Minimum 1 years' experience in large commercial kitchens
- Sound knowledge of Food Safety Standards, relevant legislation and statutory obligations
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Enthusiasm and commitment to high standards of customer service
- HACCP Level 2 certification (plus)
What's in it for you
At Ventia we value our people and provide a range of benefits to help you look after yourself and your family as you build a rewarding career with us. In joining our team, you can expect:
- A roster that offers a work and lifestyle balance
- Wellbeing programs with a focus on mental health
- Save on everyday purchases as part of the VenPerks program
- Access to a variety of learning & career development opportunities
Ventia provide Hard and Soft Facilities Maintenance services including village maintenance and accommodation to a number of Anglo American sites across the Bowen Basin.
Every person that joins Ventia has a unique and powerful impact on how we provide vital services to our clients but also within our communities. Ventia's strength is in the type of person our culture attracts, who rally around our purpose, and who are empowered to pursue that purpose.
If you have the above skills and experience, we would love to hear from you. Click the apply button on this page or contact the recruitment team on 0456 462 746.