Isaac Regional Council currently have an exciting opportunity for a Casual Pool Lifeguard at the Greg Cruickshank Aquatic Centre. Reporting to the Moranbah Facilities Area Leader, the Casual Pool Lifeguard is responsible for providing a safe and enjoyable experience for all patrons through effective and diligent supervision. You’ll join a team of responsible, approachable, confident swimmers in supervising the pool and surrounding areas. Together, you’ll uphold the highest standards of care and safety to make sure our swimmers have fun, stay active and gain confidence in the water. Primary duties will include pool supervision, lifesaving, identifying and reducing risk and administering first aid.
Isaac Regional Council is keen to provide ample opportunities for the community, and so if you do not possess the right credentials, IRC will provide the training required to gain the qualifications necessary to perform the role, for the right candidate.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
Demonstrated experience in customer service and a full understanding of excellent customer service
OUR COMMITMENT TO A DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE WORKPLACE
- Knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of the effective operation of a pool complex;
- The ability to provide adequate supervision of aquatic facilities to ensure safety of all facility users;
- Demonstrated ability to work both under minimal supervision, and as a team player;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, including the ability to communicate and consult
- Current certification in:
- First Aid and CPR;
- Lifeguard and
- Working with Children Blue Card.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required, incorporating weekends and public holidays.
As a progressive employer of choice, we know that flexible work arrangements, employee benefits and workplace recognition is important to our people and we strive to deliver a team culture where staff feel valued, included and accommodated.
For this position we offer:
- $35.62 per hour;
- As required, as per roster;
- Up to 12.5% Super in accordance with IRC’s Certified Agreement;
- The location of this position is Moranbah.
To view a copy of the position description, please copy and paste the below link into your internet browser: https://www.isaac.qld.gov.au/downloads/file/5451/position-description-casual-pool-lifeguard
HOW TO APPLY
For more details on this position, please contact the Moranbah Facilities Area Leader, Rebecca Cox, during business hours. Phone: 0484 377 922
or Email: Rebecca.Cox@isaac.qld.gov.au
To apply, please click ‘Apply Here’ and follow the steps to submit your application. Please provide a cover letter and resume outlining your motivations, skills and any relevant experience for the role.
Applications Close: COB Wednesday 17 August 2022
IRC has the right to commence the recruitment process prior to the closing date
Isaac Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and disadvantaged job seekers are encouraged to apply. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. Isaac Regional Council has the right to interview for this position prior to the closing date.