Act for Kids is a prominent provider of prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2021 - 2022 we provided services to 39,002 people, including over 23,000 children.
Through prevention, treatment, research, education and advocacy, we are committed to helping keep kids safe, heal from trauma and lead happy lives.
About the job...
We are seeking Casual Youth Worker to join our caring, compassionate and friendly team in Rockhampton.
Extension of employment contract beyond this date is subject to the continued successful government funding of the program.
This position will proactively engage, build rapport and connection and provide time-limited complex youth work intervention to young people (9-17 years old) within the Individual Support Packages (ISP) program
About the program...
The Individual Support Packages (ISP) program works in partnership with Child Safety to provide holistic trauma-informed support to children in the child protection system. The ISP team work in close collaboration to deliver bespoke support packages informed by each child’s needs and focuses on increasing the capacity of their support network to meet these.
- Proactively engage, build rapport and connection and provide time-limited complex youth work intervention to young people (9-17 years old) within the ISP program.
- Facilitate social learning, community connectedness, good health and wellbeing for young people.
- Facilitate school participation and relationship with educational environment.
- Work collaboratively with other professionals and agencies to ensure young person’s goals are achieved.
- Link people into community youth support for sustainable support and change.
- Certificate IV in a relevant discipline (youth work, community services).
- At least (2) two-years’ experience working with children, young people and their families in similar roles.
- Experience providing individual and group therapy to children, young people and their families.
- Understanding of the impacts of trauma on child and family functioning.
- Knowledge of current trauma treatment trends and child protection legislation and policy reforms.
- A high level of cultural awareness and experience working with families from different backgrounds, particularly Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Willingness to receive cultural supervision in your work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 3 under the SCHCADS award.
- Casual hourly range is $42.55 - $45.63 plus superannuation (pro-rata for part-time).
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values-based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Paid parental leave and study assistance
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal
- A friendly and flexible work environment to support work/life balance
- Eligibility for a positive Working with Children Check in the applicable state of employment in Australia or exemption based on professional qualifications and registration.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Applicants must be eligible to legally work in Australia and proof of eligibility may be requested.
- Fully vaccinated with the prescribed doses of an approved vaccine against COVID-19 or have an approved medical exemption.
- Job applications will be reviewed as soon as submitted. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your application as soon as possible
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ to submit an application.
- For more information about the role, contact Jennifer Korn 0448 118 638 or email@example.com
Click here to be taken to the Act for Kids available positions page where the position description can be located under the relevant vacancy
Closing Date: 1 February 2023