GHD's Career Relaunch Program is back in 2022
Are you looking to return to work after a career break?
Returning to work after an extended career break can be challenging. That's why we've developed a Career Relaunch Program to encourage and welcome professionals back to the workforce in a flexible environment with excellent growth opportunities.
This initiative is motivated by GHD's dedication to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. It was first launched in 2017 and is now a national annual program that is growing every year.
We will provide you with a support network and training opportunities crafted to ease your transition back into the workplace. After the program, there will be potential for ongoing employment with GHD for suitable candidates.
To be considered for the program you will be:
- Available on a casual basis for a minimum of 20 hours per week, ideally for the duration of the program
- Someone who has had a career break and is seeking a supportive return to work program
- A professional with commercial experience (prior to a career break) who has worked in any of the following areas:
- Engineering (building services, civil/structural, electrical, mechanical, process, renewables)
- Environmental and earth geosciences (including sustainability)
- Architecture and urban design and planning
- Modelling / drafting (Revit, 12d, AutoCad, Civil 3d, SolidWorks)
- Project management (PMCA)
- Advisory (including economics, mathematics, journalism, business, commerce, finance, risk and chemical, civil, electrical and power systems engineering)
- Digital (data science, AI, GIS/location intelligence, cyber security, applications development, and software development)
- Information Services (I.T) (business analysis, project management and security)
- Business Services (finance, marketing and communications, people, and culture)
See what some of our relaunch alumni have to say about this program:
Emma Harrison | Business Group Leader – Contamination and Environmental Management | Sydney, NSW
"As a mother of four, I felt resigned to the fact that after ten years out of the scientific industry, the only way back in was through full-time study. Then I found GHD's Career Relaunch Program in 2018, which offered me a genuine opportunity to redevelop my career while still being able to support my four children as a single parent. I was offered an ongoing role as Senior Environmental Geologist after the program ended, and now three years later, I have recently moved into the Business Group Leader for Contamination and Environmental Management role, looking after 40 wonderful, talented professionals in this group."
Marguerite Cooper | Environmental Scientist | Sydney, NSW
“I reached a point after the birth of my second child, where I felt I was unable to perform to the best of my ability in either role as a scientist or a mum. I decided to take some time off to focus on my family, and two years later I was ready to return to work. I had been looking for work for around 18 months before I came across GHD’s Career Relaunch Program. GHD’s flexible working policy allowed me to re-join the workforce while still managing school and childcare requirements. It was wonderful to see that colleagues understood what the Career Relaunch Program was all about and were happy to provide me with a little extra time and flexibility to find my feet.”
Sam Marsh | Environmental Scientist | Hobart, TAS
“After moving from sunny Cairns to Hobart, I spent some time travelling around Australia, trying new jobs including working as a farm attendant on a Tassal fish farm in Tasmania. When I was ready to get back into my professional field, I was worried about learning how to work in a corporate environment once again. For me GHD's Career Relaunch Program meant I was able to develop new skills in the science industry and personally develop lifelong skills working with others and communicating on a professional level.”
Find out more about the program at ghd.com/careerrelaunch.
To apply, please submit a cover letter outlining your interest in the program and your CV before Tuesday 31 May 2022.
GHD is an equal opportunity employer, and we want everyone to be able to fully participate in our recruitment process. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of all identities.