Mackay Transit Coaches is a part of the Kinetic Group, a growing Australasian focused group of companies. Kinetic is Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most diverse bus operator, moving more than 100 million passengers per year across some of the most recognisable names in bus transport. We deliver these services through our 7300 people and fleet of over 4900 buses.
As a business who genuinely cares about our customers, our people and our environment; we are industry leaders in delivering zero-emission technology, investing in our communities, training and developing our people, and providing an inclusive workplace which reflects the communities we serve.
Join us in the bus lane!
Calling all morning people, night people, people people.
Kinetic is hiring Trainee Bus Drivers.
Not a bus driver, you say? Not yet, we say.
All you need is a driver’s licence and a good attitude. We’ll handle the rest with our hands-on training program.
Go on give it a go. Join us in the bus lane!
Kinetics' bus drivers keep the community connected and moving. We put people first and treat passengers like a friend and not a fare.
With a strong focus on customer service and safe travel, our bus drivers deliver a range of bus services including public and school routes, charters and special events.
As part of this special Trainee Bus Driver program, we’re encouraging more women to join our friendly fleet of drivers living life in the bus lane.
We understand you might be perfect for the job, but don’t have any bus driving experience or the right licence. Don’t let this hold you back. If you’re the right fit to help us support the community, we’ll look after the rest.
Our Trainee Bus Driver program offers you the support and training you need to become a licensed and confident bus driver. This includes:
- A friendly and supportive environment.
- A 3-week induction training program with a mix of classroom and on-road training.
- Lessons to obtain a Medium Rigid (MR) license and State Driving Authority.
- We are Australia’s and New Zealand’s leading mass transit bus operator with opportunities to grow and spread your wings
- We offer full on-the-job training – and paid
- We care for our people and provide our Employee Assistance Program including wellbeing, financial and nutritional coaching, counselling, and legal advice
- We offer secure employment with genuine career progression opportunities
- We care for our people and provide industry best diversity leave provisions
The boxes you'll tick
Bus driving isn’t your average job. And we’re not looking for average Joes. We’re on the hunt for the best people with the best customer service to join our friendly fleet of drivers.
We’re after people with:
- Excellent customer service skills and who enjoy working with the public
- A current QLD Car driver’s licence (Automatic minimum and must have held open for 12 months)
- Willing to obtain a QLD Driving Authority
- Ability to pass a pre‐employment functional and drug and alcohol clearance
- Australian Work Rights
How you apply
So, if this sounds like you and you are ready for a challenging and rewarding career with Kinetic then click the 'Apply for this job' button now! There has never been a better time to join Kinetic.
Kinetic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and our people represent the community which we service. We invite all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including First Nations People, and people from diverse social, cultural and gender backgrounds.