At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
- Opportunity to join an expanding operation and gain exposure to one of the largest coking coal mines in Australia;
- Leverage your diverse, technical, operational and leadership skills to bring people and resources together to build a better world
Supporting a diverse workforce:
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and other extended leave entitlements.
About the role:
Want to get paid while you study?
We are currently seeking a person either undertaking their associate degree or diploma in Mining Engineering or someone that is eligible for enrolment in this qualification. The program will run for up to four years.
The role would involve rotations through various areas of engineering and operations with roles available for both open cut and underground operations e.g. Mine Planning, Scheduling & Design and Surveying.
To learn more about BHP Click here [link removed]
- Generate execution designs and schedules across the short term planning horizon;
- Pursue continuous improvement opportunities throughout your routine work;
- Build and establish close working relationships with key site and external stakeholders; and
- Ensure the implementation and compliance of all safety, environmental, and legislative requirements.
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, team oriented and enjoy continuous improvement and driving for results. The successful candidate will ideally have started the degree and worked for an organisation in the mining sector (though these aren't mandatory).
Qualifications and skill set:
- Eligible for enrolment in Degree, Associate Degree/Diploma or currently enrolled;
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic;
- Ability to embrace change and strive in a continuous improvement environment; and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.