- Hosted at a Government Organisation with a supportive culture based in Mackay
- Mature and Junior candidate encouraged to apply
- Immediate start with competitive traineeship hourly rate including salary packaging benefits
- Full time with flexible start and finish times
Who We Are?
Community Solutions is a non-for-profit organisation operating as a commercial business, providing apprentices and trainees to a variety of different businesses throughout Queensland. We provide apprentices and trainees important career guidance and opportunity to earn while they learn. Dedicated Field Officers are assigned to apprentices and trainees to provide ongoing support to completing their chosen trade qualification.
Based in Mackay, our host business is a government organisation that provides a range of transport infrastructure solutions and services including civil construction and emergency response to infrastructure failures. This is an awesome opportunity to work in a supportive and energetic office environment and gain hands on experience, with allocated time on the job to compete the certificate requirements of study.
This opportunity would suit somebody who has deferred from university, recent school leavers and mature age candidates looking to upskill or reskill and is looking for “hands on” experience and a nationally recognised certificate that is highly regarded for all levels of administrative roles.
The successful Candidate will:
- participate as an effective team member and provide support to colleagues to ensure work priorities are met
- utilise a broad range of software programs and systems
- develop skills and experience in a range of administrative support services including but not limited to information handling and records management
- attend to telephone and email enquiries in a courteous manner, ensuring requests for information and services are dealt with promptly and professionally
- follow induction processes and meet expectations under the Code of Conduct
- ensure compliance with organisational policies and procedures including workplace health and safety requirements
- undertake other duties as directed, accept and act on constructive feedback in a positive manner.
What will you bring to the role?
Our team will help you develop during the traineeship, but there are some minimum requirements and key traits we’re looking for:
- Available for Full Time work hours 8am – 4pm
- Sound knowledge and application of Microsoft Office
- Higher School Certificate or similar qualification.
- Strong attention to detail
- High work ethic and professionally presented
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Strong people skills and a customer focus/service background
- Reliable, punctual and have a good attendance record
- Must hold a white card or be willing to obtain
- Provide two references
- Successful candidates will participate in a pre-employment medical and Drug & Alcohol test
What can we offer you?
- Salary Packaging Benefits! Package up to $15,900 of your annual salary tax free. Less tax = more take home pay for you!
- In addition to your tax-free benefit, you can also use up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses (meals, holiday accommodation etc.)
- A weekly wage paid to you directly by Community Solutions
- Leave entitlements Annual Leave and Personal Leave
- Mentoring, ongoing supportand regular visits from your committed Field Officer
- Ability to obtain a certificationand vast range of industry skills and experience
- An Employee Assistance Program- a free and confidential phone-based counselling service available
So what's next...
If this is the opportunity for you, the click ‘Apply Now’ below. You must also be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Community Solutions encourages applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures. This includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, CALD (Culturally and Linguistically Diverse), the LGBTQI+ community, and people with disability. We value inclusivity and are committed to adjusting our recruitment process to ensure accessibility and support of an applicant's needs.