MRAEL have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced local business coache to join our team to provide and promote opportunities for entrepreneurship and self-employment throughout the Fitzroy Employment Region. Under the Australian Governments Self Employment Assistance Program current and aspiring Small & Micro business owners will be offered coaching and training to support success.
As a local, experienced and highly networked coach, our 'Business Navigator', you will provide tailored information and advice to people who are considering self‑employment and owners of existing micro-businesses that are at risk of not being commercially viable. You will have strong links to the local business network, and will provide people with business advice and links through networking events, workshops and informal coaching sessions. Your passion for business success will deliver the outcomes for this program.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be responsible for the proactively and timely delivering of services that promote self-employment and entrepreneurship through a range of communication channels (such as as hosting information sessions, networking events, social media campaigns and local marketing)
- Deliver the 'Exploring Self-Employment Workshops' to help the participants get a thorough understanding of what's involved in starting a business, generate and/or validate a business idea and make informed decisions as to whether self-employment is the best path forward
- Partner with, and assist participants in developing a viable business plan, through providing tailored one-on-one expert advice, small business training and an assessment of the plan to check the business plans' financial viability
- Providing participants with vital knowledge required to undertake Self-Employment Assistance elements and/or our SEA Comprehensive Service offerings
- Conduct psychosocial assessments via an in-house Self-Employment Assessment Platform to assesses a participants individual behavioural strengths and development needs, providing a suite of support elements most appropriate to their circumstances to either start or run a successful business
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in either running a small business or providing business advice as a consultant or possibly mentor
- Proven strong local connections and the ability to network with stakeholders to market entrepreneurship
- Prior experience in small business or providing small business advice and support (relevant tertiary qualifications highly regarded)
- Experience in event management and coordination
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work with a diverse range of people
- Be passionate about helping people and making a difference in the community
- Ability to influence and negotiate a desired outcome
- Be flexible and capable of managing competing demands in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Be highly organised and possess strong administration skills
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office or similar software and experience using databases
- Have a current drivers licence
Whilst you might not have all these skills, the role would suit someone who has good general business knowledge and have a deeper understanding and experience in a particular area of expertise.
The IntoWork Group is a dynamic, people-focused organisation that provides expert recruitment, employment and training services to employees, business and government nationally. To support our diverse operations, we employ over 1,200 staff across 11 businesses nationally. We are pleased to have recently been selected by the Commonwealth Department of Education, Skills and Employment to deliver new employment focused services. Australian job seekers and employers will have access to the workforce solutions expertise of IntoWork through the delivery of 18 new contracts across Australia, covering 12 regions in five States and one Territory.
At IntoWork we're passionate about making positive differences to the people and communities we work with; which is why we've created a culture of collaboration, courage, innovation, integrity and respect. Our people are at the front of everything we do and we strive to support their development and growth through our vision for 'Vibrant Futures'.
What IntoWork offers you:
- A fully maintained company vehicle, laptop and mobile phone
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to our Employee Assistance & Wellbeing Program which includes a holistic range of offerings including: confidential counselling and financial, nutrition and legal support services
- Opportunities to participate in the IntoWork Wellness Channel that offers regular sessions on supporting your mental, physical and financial wellbeing
- 13 weeks long service leave
- Milestone staff anniversary bonuses and rewards
- Novated leasing opportunities, corporate discounts and more.
IntoWork is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to provide a rewarding environment for all employees and strives to be unique in the benefits provided.
Does this sound like you?
If this sounds like you and if you're looking to take the next step in growing your career in an organisation that values its people and developing a vibrant workforce and culture, then we would like to hear from you!
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia. It is a requirement of the position to undertake a National Police Check & Working with Children Check prior to appointment.
As per Government Public Health Directions, it is a condition of employment in this role that all candidates applying for any position must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption. Successful candidates will be required to provide appropriate evidence of COVID-19 vaccination or a valid exemption as part of the pre-employment checking process
If you meet the above criteria, please 'Apply for this job'