At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About BHP Operating System
BHP is deploying a global program of work, known as the BHP Operating System (BOS). It is the next step in our continuous improvement journey and a critical part of our transformation that will shape BHP's future and build a better BHP with a more empowering culture.
The BHP Operating System will fundamentally change how we think and behave at BHP and is founded on three core principles: Serve Our Customer, Pursue Operating Perfection & Empower Our People. It provides the framework to deliver a step-change in our safety and productivity performance, putting our employees at the heart of continuous improvement and will empower every employee to continuously improve the way we work.
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to support Saraji Mine's BOS team in next stage of deployment and sustain into the future, by identifying, scoping and delivering ongoing business improvement opportunities.
Reporting to the BOS Line Coach, you will gain insight and training in the BOS methodology and will be expected to upskill others through the following, key deliverables:
- Drives business improvement through the measurement of BHP's performance.
- Coaches' individuals and teams in the application of BOS principles, practices and tools by building rapport, providing feedback and overcoming barriers to BOS implementation to support the achievement of the global BOS transformation.
- Applies an understanding of business terminology, key operational processes and key business activities within and between functional areas (e.g., finance, supply, procurement, work management).
- Identifies, implements and evaluates the success of continuous improvement activities/initiatives to improve the safety, effectiveness and efficiency of BHP systems and processes.
- Engages the capabilities of the entire organisation.
- Strives to achieve 100% safety, 100% customer value and 0% waste.
- Knows our customer and is obsessed with meeting their needs.
We are looking for individuals that possess business knowledge, demonstrate excellence in leadership on a day-to-day basis, who are innovative with a bias to action, effectively influence others, and have a strong ability to build capability in others and lead change.
As a successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in leading and coaching roles.
- Proven ability to deliver sustainable improvements through leading or implementing a process improvement or change management project, including facilitating problem-solving sessions at the frontline.
- Strong ability to builds rapport and puts people at ease by asking open questions, actively listening, and balancing advising and facilitating during coaching conversations.
- Confidence in coaching front line leaders and operators on the "Why", "What" and "How" of BOS and the practical significance of BOS to improving BHP's performance and culture.
- Ability to communicate effectively with active listening, clearly conveys information and updates, uses different communication methods to ensure others understanding the context, purpose, objectives, resources and time frame for work and tasks.
This position is regionally based in Queensland in the Bowen Basin supporting our Saraji operation. BMA company housing or camp accommodation provided. The roster for this position will be 8/6 or 4/4/4/2 and flexible work options can be considered.
BMA's Saraji Mine is situated approximately 230km southwest of Mackay and 30km from the township of Dysart. Its open cut operation has an annual production capacity of approximately 10 million tonnes.
Reference Number - 59131
To find out more about working with BMA team and to meet some of our team, Click here
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- You may be requested to complete a video assessment as part of the initial recruitment process. Video assessment is only applied to external applicant.
- Application closes on Sunday, 25th Sept 2022. While Virtual Assessment closes on Tuesday, 27th Sept 2022 (not applicable for Internal BHP applicants). Please note late applications will not be accepted.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP's Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.