Business Improvement Business Partner – Safety, People & Culture
As Gladstone Regional Council continues our work to connect, innovate and diversify, we are looking to appoint a maximum term full time Business Improvement Business Partner – Safety, People & Culture to support a culture of sustainable and continuous improvement, focused specifically on our safety, people and culture functions.
Reporting to the Manager of Strategy and Improvement, our Business Improvement Business Partners identify opportunities, design effective change management and continuous improvement programs and approaches, working with stakeholders to make sure that change sticks!
This position is a maximum term opportunity with an end date of 30 June 2024.
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to partner with the safety, people and culture functions of the business to develop and support the successful delivery of business improvement initiatives. The role will focus on delivering an identified plan of improvements and capability building initiatives and will role-model cross-functional collaboration across the business.
You have strong interpersonal and communication skills and develop effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
You are confident in providing support to teams, managing stakeholder engagement, business impacts, change management and benefits realisation as well as identifying opportunities and risks.
You can define goals and articulate problems; you are a critical thinker and solutions focused and you work with stakeholders to achieve great outcomes.
You proactively identify opportunities to build capability for continuous improvement in the business.
You will bring:
- Tertiary qualification and/or significant direct experience in a business improvement role or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in People, Safety or Culture Policies, Procedures or Frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously and think strategically with a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Experience in successfully engaging and influencing stakeholder groups at all levels of the organisation, with the ability to collaborate across multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, including experience in reporting.
- Experience in developing content and facilitating workshops.
Why work for GRC?
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply.