- Flexible working arrangement plus great benefits
- Join a Global Leader within the Insurance Industry
- Attractive package with incentives
Business Development Manager
We have a rare opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our high performing National Team. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for securing new business and maximising cross sell opportunities for General Insurance products.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
As the Business Development Manager, you will achieve success by providing exceptional client service, develop & manage a pipeline of prospects as well as providing quotes and terms to new business opportunities in a timely and professional manner.
Other key duties will include:
- Focusing on driving new business sales for the Central QLD Region
- Develop and maintain a sales pipeline
- New business acquisitions would be allocated to the Broking Team to manage after placement
- Monitor and report on budget results
- Meet with prospects while utilising any relevant internal resources to assist where necessary
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- 2 + years industry experience (insurance broking preferred)
- Understanding the scope of Aon risk products and services and their delivery systems
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders in a professional manner
- Ability to plan and organise own workload
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com [link removed]
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.