Phoenix Contact is a global success story, a market leader and innovator in the field of electrical engineering. A manufacturer of products and solutions for all aspects of electrical engineering and automation with an annual turnover of two and a half billion Euros.
The Phoenix Contact Business Development Manager is responsible for the direct turnover for all relevant parties (e.g. engineering consultants, EPCs, end users) are covered, awareness for the Phoenix Contact brand and our product, system, solution and service offering is created, and technical specifications are influenced. Buying criteria are affected in favour of Phoenix Contact. Significantly contribute to the overall ICE/CIS turnover in Australia. Supported the field sales team by pre- and post-sales engineering so that they can maximize the turnover based on favourable specifications.
business development & increase market penetration:
- Project engineering for specification work.
- Understanding the purchase and specification processes of the main potential customer’s and end-users and coordinating the activities to get on approved vendor lists of respective target customers/end-user within the target market.
- Promoting latest technology trends.
- Conducting product and technology seminars.
- Securing of sales wins based on specification.
- Pre- and post-sales engineering support.
- Coordinating customer projects with all involved parties.
- Assuring that the organization is capable to develop identified new markets.
- Improve capability of sales resources by providing regular technical seminars to enhance application knowledge.
- Influencing major players in the target market in favour of PHOENIX CONTACT.
- Developing the relationship of PHOENIX CONTACT with target accounts and its business partners (e.g. subcontractors, channels...) at all levels.
- Create brand awareness for PHOENIX CONTACT as the leading supplier for components, systems and solutions in the area of electrical engineering, electronics and automation within the target market. As a result PHOENIX CONTACT is preferably considered in future purchasing decision which is related to the PHOENIX CONTACT product, service and solution offering.
- Active contribution to exhibitions or conventions, speeches at events, lobbying (e.g. industry associations, norming bodies) and various kinds of networking.
- Develop and implement effective business plans for defined new markets in close cooperation with the Managing Director.
- Conducting market surveillance for defined markets.
- Perform trend scouting and advice PHOENIX CONTACT management about related market information and business trends.
KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Electrical or electronics engineering degree.
- Three to five years’ experience working with or in a defined target market.
- Proven successful record of developing new business.
- Project management and solution selling skills.
- A background in technical sales and new business development.
- Experience selling Phoenix Contact products.
- Commercially astute with strong business acumen.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A high level of written & oral communication, negotiation and selling skills.
- Results/Achievement orientation, Teamwork and co-operation.
- Time management, particularly the ability to prioritise.
- Interpersonal understanding, e.g. the ability to relate well to all types of people.
- Knowledge of Phoenix Contact policies and office procedures.
- Relationship building with customers, Sales presentation, Professional approach.
- Planning and organisational skills, Project management.
- Commercial awareness, Product knowledge and Customer Service orientation.
Why Join the Phoenix Contact Team?
- Competitive salary
- Achievable bonus payments
- Recognition programs and incentives
- On the job training and ongoing professional development
- Structured and supportive team environment with a strong, positive company culture
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
If you have the experience and abilities listed above, are seeking to join a global industry leader with a reputation for growth, quality engineered products then this is the position for you. Please click apply or if you prefer email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org