Would you like the opportunity to make use of and develop on your handyperson skills?
Mackay Regional Council has an opportunity for a motivated Building Maintenance Officer to join our Parks and Environment team.
At Mackay Regional Council, we believe that we can create opportunities to thrive to help our region become the best region for liveability and livelihood. You will be home with your family every night and gain the work/life balance and job security you've been searching for!
About the role:
The team you will join helps ensure our community is safe and can enjoy the region’s great outdoors. Our Parks team work together to deliver valuable outcomes for Council and the community.
The Building Maintenance Officers inspect and carry out general maintenance work on Council facilities to ensure they are safe, well-maintained and compliant with Australian Standards.
Essential Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- General Construction Induction Training
- QLD “C” Class Drivers Licence or interstate equivalent
- Trade Qualification in a related field such as Carpentry, Building and Construction, Painting and Decorating or similar relevant trade would be highly regarded
- Conduct visual inspection of park facilities or the ability to obtain
- Practical experience in the maintenance and operation of a wide range of machinery associated with repair/maintenance and general maintenance, including power tools.
Salary & Employee Benefits:
- Base annual salary from $55,128 - $57,373 + allowance as applicable (level offered will be dependent on successful candidates’ qualification and experience)
- Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Choice of 4 or 5 weeks’ annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- 9 day fortnight roster
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee health and wellbeing initiatives
- Active social clubs and corporate and membership discounts
- Employee assistance program
- Career development and learning opportunities
Interested in joining the team?
To apply please submit an up-to-date resume and cover letter providing detail of your experience.
For the position description, selection criteria and further information on how to apply, visit: https://vacancies.mackay.qld.gov.au/MRC_ER/VacancyList.aspx
Applications Close: 1 December 2022
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to all opportunities available. At Mackay Regional Council, diversity is about creating a respectful and inclusive workplace that recognises the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees, working together to deliver extraordinary results.