G’day Group comprises three leading Australian tourism brands in Discovery Parks, G’day Parks and loyalty program G’day Rewards. Employing more than 1800 people Australia-wide, G’day Group has a truly national footprint of over 300 holiday parks, including 80 fully owned and operated parks. The largest park network in the country, we’re about authentic Australian holiday experiences and inviting all Aussies to say g’day to more of Australia.
We’re on a journey of growth and evolution to reshape the industry, offering the best customer experience underpinned by the best technology. With eyes on domestic and regional tourism like never before we are building a passionate, adaptable, high performance team to deliver holiday memories that put a smile in every g’day.
As the Chef, you will be responsible for providing an efficient and cost-effective food service, with the smooth day-to-day operation in a Commercial Kitchen consisting of breakfast shifts with consistent superior guest focus at the forefront of all activities. As a Chef you will achieve this through implementing a strong service focus and ensuring that efficient standards and practices are employed. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.
You will assist in overseeing all kitchen employees, including training and performance development. You will be responsible for providing buffet dinning for guests residing at the Park. You will also liaise with front of house staff to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of daily services.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Previous Chef experience and cooking in a similar environment
- Formal trade qualifications in commercial cooking or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in electronic purchase ordering and cost management
- Proven experience in planning and developing menus
- Proven ability to work within a team and autonomously
- Ability to prep and organise ahead
- Current First Aid Certificate is highly desirable
- HACCP experience essential, with a high emphasis on food hygiene
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends across the G’Day network of parks
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
- Meals and accommodation provided
How to Apply
Discovery what matters - APPLY NOW! Visit the careers page at www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au or via the link below.
Discovery Parks is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our staff, customers and the communities we operate in. Due to the latest highly contagious Covid-19 Delta variant, Discovery Parks has implemented a vaccination policy which requires all employees, wherever possible, to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. This covid vaccination policy applies to all new Discovery Parks employees.
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police and Working With Children Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. If you already have a Police Clearance valid within the last 6 months, please upload a copy to your profile.