As the Branch Manager of Mackay, you will oversee the operations of the branch to achieve service excellence within established timeframes and cost guidelines. You will be a passionate leader and a lateral thinker, who is driven, passionate, organised, ambitious and tenacious.
This role is a significant role within the business which will need strong knowledge across business, financial and HR, where you will be able to make it your own, build a culture and structure. The Branch Manager will be analytically minded, able to find and fix problems when they come up.
Ideally you will have Intermodal experience and the want to learn how customer use different modes of transport to support their linehaul needs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure customer satisfaction is achieved through complete and accurate documentation, professional handling of freight, achieving delivery times and meeting or exceeding service standards
- Ensure that at all times, the activities of the branch are both proactive and responsible to the needs of customers both internally and externally so as to enable the on-going success and growth of the unit
- Ensure all relevant policies, and legislative requirements are either posted or made available to appropriate staff
- Monitor labour planning/availability reports, RDO/Annual leave rosters and absenteeism statistics for all Inwards and PUD staff, and take the necessary action to ensure sufficient staff are rostered on at all times
- Ensure staffing levels are within budget, for approval to employ extra and/or additional labour
- Responsible for performance management of branch employees through annual performance appraisals, skills/performance gap identification, career development and training plan proposals
- Responsible for ensuring that the climate in the workplace is one of harmony/teamwork/high morale leading to high quality performance and excellent customer service
- Responsible for the achievement of agreed budgeted targets as measured by a series of branch's KPI's
- Participate in the development of and accept responsibility for the achievement of the branch-operating budget
- Ensure that all mandatory financial reports be they weekly/monthly/etc, are complied with in a timely and efficient manner
Skills essential to the job:
- Strong verbal & written skills, communication is an essential part of the role
- Previous experience in a similar role / industry would be highly advantageous although not essential
- Great attitude and a 'can do' mindset, highly motivated to achieve
- Motivated and driven to achieve success
- Team player - build a culture and structure - a true leader
- Sound industrial relations skills and knowledge
- Someone who can lead, motivate and influence
- Conflict resolution skills
- Business acumen and P&L knowledge
We believe nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace, which celebrates different points of view and gives everyone the chance to contribute, as we build to a bigger and brighter future.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
It's never been a more exciting time to join our team as we take the next step in our journey.
To find out more about us, visit https://www.tgexpress.com.au/careers [link removed]
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.