Melco Engineering Pty Ltd is recruiting a Workshop Supervisor to join our dedicated Mackay-based team.
Who are we?
Melco Engineering, since 1994 continues to be a leading fabricator and manufacturer of asset components across a large range of industries.
We are a world-class engineering, construction, and maintenance organisation with operations strategically located in Mackay, Hay Point, and Bowen. With state-of-the-art fabrication and technical service facilities, Melco are embarking upon a structured program of growth and diversification in its key markets and service offerings.
To support this process, Melco is seeking the services of a competent and driven person that can deliver on the Company’s mantra of ‘building an elite workforce’.
• Full-time employment
• Competitive remuneration
• Great working environment
• An aspirational organisation that focuses on personal growth and career development
To be successful the following attributes are essential:
• Must have a Boilermaker Trade Qualification
• Be a highly motivated and production-driven leader with a will to win.
• Display a natural talent for coaching team members and leading by example.
• Ability to take a job from initial inquiry to customer delivery.
• Strong background in medium and heavy fabrication in a busy workshop
• 5 years post trade supervision experience
• Demonstrated experience in Quality Assurance processes such as dimensional checks, welding inspections, compliance to ITP requirements and standards.
• Proficient in various welding processes with a variety of metals
• High-level drawing interpretation competency
• Commitment to driving best practice standards of OHS processes.
• Basic computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite
• Highly experienced with fabrication/repairs, Structural Steel, Platework, and fabrication.
• Australian resident
• Driving a positive and inclusive work culture and environment for the whole team
• Deliver to deadlines, ensuring maintenance activities are performed in accordance with company guidelines/procedures.
• Monitor and report on task hours.
• Liaising and assisting other departments within the Group as and when necessary
• Mentoring and guiding the Apprentices to meet and exceed their training requirements.
• Engaging with the team, maintaining effective and approachable communication
• Ensuring compliance with WHS policies and practices
• Effective planning and organizing skills with the ability to deliver on simultaneous projects with competing priorities.
• Comprehensive understanding of engineered and structural drawings
• Liaise with QA Manager to ensure all NDT benchmarks are met on schedule.
• Liaise with QA Manager to ensure all job-specific weld certifications are completed and up to date.
What you’ll receive in return
• Competitive rates
• Permanent full-time employment
• Weekly pay structure
• Home every night
How to apply!
Click ‘Apply Now' OR email firstname.lastname@example.org and send your resume and cover letter detailing why you will be an ideal candidate for this fantastic opportunity!