Your new career opportunity: Boilermaker/Welder
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected
- Residential role in the tight-knit town of Gladstone surrounded by iconic natural attractions
- Get ahead financially with company benefits including subsidised private health insurance
- Permanent full-time role working the 9-day fortnight roster
About your role
We have an opportunity for a Boilermaker to join our Redside General Maintenance team. Reporting directly to the Supervisor – Redside General Maintenance, you will contribute to our Safe, Stable and Sustainable vision by your:
- Ensuring all work is performed in accordance with site health, environmental and community policies, systems and procedures.
- Maintenance and repair work on Pumps, Pipework, Structural Steel and associated equipment including overhauls, installations and repairs.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of improvements to equipment and tasks within the section.
What you will bring
To be successfully considered for this role, you should have:
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team.
- A positive and motivated attitude with the ability to communicate effectively and work safely in a team environment.
- Trade qualifications as a Boilermaker with experience in piping and structural welding.
- Basic fitting experience would be advantageous.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Self-motivated with a focus on customer service and continuous improvement.
- Forklift, dogging and rigging qualifications would be highly regarded.
What’s on offer
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include:
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority.
- Competitive salary package.
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family.
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path.
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
Where you will be working
Gladstone is a coastal town in central Queensland with the region home to a population of approximately 64,000. The Gladstone region enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities and is the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. If you are thinking of making a seaside change, check out what our region has to offer:
As one of the world's largest alumina refineries, Queensland Alumina Limited (QAL) is renowned for its leadership in minerals processing. We prioritize employee engagement, cutting-edge technology, and exemplary safety, quality, and environmental performance.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We foster an inclusive environment where every voice is heard, cultures are respected, and diverse perspectives drive success. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTQ+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities, and individuals from various cultural backgrounds.
Ready to Make a Difference?
If you're seeking a fulfilling career opportunity and want to contribute to a company that values safety, stability, and sustainability, join us at QAL. Apply today and embark on a rewarding journey.