Your new career opportunity: Boilermaker
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected
- Residential role in the tight-knit town of Gladstone surrounded by iconic natural attractions
- Get ahead financially with company benefits including subsidised private health insurance
- Permanent full-time role working a 9-day fortnight roster
About your role
We are looking for a skilled Boilermaker to work within our Whiteside Maintenance team. Because of the size and scale of our operation, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible. You will contribute to our Safe, Stable and Sustainable vision by:
- Ensuring all work is performed in accordance with site health, environmental and community policies, systems and procedures
- Completing maintenance and repair work on internal and external structures
- Fabricating and pad welding pipework and steelwork to QAL procedures
- Identifying, developing and implementing improvements relating to the plant equipment, work processes and practices
- Taking responsibility for safety, work quality and quantity, training and learning
- Effectively communicating with site customers and peers to safely achieve maximum output of a high standard
What you will bring
To be successfully considered for this role, you should have:
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Trade qualifications as a Boilermaker or Boilermaker / Mechanical Fitter (dual trade) with experience in pipe fitting and pipe welding
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivation with a focus on customer service and continuous improvement
- Ability to work as both an individual and within a team environment
- Dogging, rigging and forklift tickets would be highly regarded
What’s on offer
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include:
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Competitive salary package
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
Where you will be working
Gladstone is a coastal town in central Queensland with the region home to a population of approximately 64,000. The Gladstone region enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities and is the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. If you are thinking of making a seaside change, check out what our region has to offer:
Queensland Alumina Limited (QAL) is one of the world’s largest alumina refineries, enjoying a global reputation as a leader in the minerals processing industry. QAL is focused on employee engagement, best practice technology, innovative capital solutions, benchmark maintenance and project execution whilst maintaining world class safety, quality and environmental performance.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At QAL, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTQ+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
If you are looking for a new venture and the chance to work for a company that cares about being Safe, Stable and Sustainable, apply today.
Applications Close: Sunday, 20 November 2022
Please note that due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to discuss the role further in the coming weeks and feedback on individual applications submitted is unable to be provided.