WHAT WE OFFER
- Full-time permanent role in a workshop environment, casual options available
- Immediate start for the right candidate
- 40hr working week, Monday – Friday, with options for additional hours
- Gladstone residential role
- Tight-knit team environment within a workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
Downer’s Industrial and Energy business is seeking experienced Industrial Boilermakers to join our team in Gladstone, QLD. In this workshop-based role you will work on general plate & structural fabrications and installations, and ensure work is completed safely, effectively and to the required standard.
- Trade qualified Boilermaker with heavy industrial fabrication experience, Welding to AS/NZS 1554.1 SP and AS/NZS 1554.5
- Ability to pass a Magnetic Particle Examination (ME) and Ultrasonic Examination (UE) of both Structural Butts and Fillet Welds.
- Experience with aluminium and/or stainless steel fabrication.
- Familiar in the safe use of hand tools and equipment required to perform tasks.
- Have an ability to work effectively within a team with well-developed communication skills and a commitment to safety.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfying the project minimum requirements, a pre-employment medical and evidence of your right to work in Australia.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application online via the advertisement – we do not accept email applications. For queries, please contact Auri Niinioja, Recruitment Team Lead on Auri.Niinioja@downergroup.com.
Did you know Downer has over 32,000 employees found in all states and territories? Did you know Downer touches the lives of most Australians through a diverse portfolio that includes; Energy, Renewables, Roads, Education, Health and Defence?
As an inclusive employer, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone.
The Industrial and Energy business supports customers with long term, relationship-based contracts where we seek to help our customers optimise the reliability, efficiency, sustainability, and whole-of-life performance of their assets. Our key capabilities cover a full range of services including maintenance, shutdowns, turnarounds, and outage delivery, sustaining capital programs, project development and commissioning services.
We believe that looking after our people should extend beyond the workplace. That’s why we’re able to offer some great discounts on things that matter to you in your everyday life.