About the Role:
You may already have heard there are abundant work opportunities in Gladstone, Central Queensland but as Gorden Tallis illustrates, you may not yet realise just how amazing and affordable the lifestyle is!
Watch Video Now
Want to explore an "Even Better Living" for yourself and your family?
Be part of an innovative business with endless opportunities – multiple positions on offer within fabrication and manufacturing – be the linchpin to business success.
Be the game changer manufacturer, create, own, build your future for even better living long established solid company.
- This position encompasses the day-to-day welding & fabrication operational requirements and Quality control of the welding section (including work offsite) and provision of support to other sections in order to optimize the overall performance of the company.
- Comply with Quality, Safety and Environmental requirements
- Undertake welding related activities as directed by the Welding Supervisor/Leading Hand
- Always maintain good housekeeping standards – especially with respect to screening, grinding sparks and fire prevention
- Maintenance of Quality documentation required by the BMS and or Client Specification.
- Observe all requirements of our Safety Management System
- Undertake welding qualification and other tests when requested.
- Undertake Quality Checks on completed work including dimensional, visual, dye penetrant and magnetic particle inspections
- Present ideas for improvements to workshop process to leading hand/supervisor
- Clean/dress/repair completed fabrications to an acceptable standard, removing spatter, repairing undercut & other visual weld defects without third party intervention – thereby promoting Company Quality Standards
- Fabricate components in accordance with supplied Drawings
- Weld in accordance with supplied welding procedures
- Participate in the continual improvement of the Quality, Safety and Environmental Management Systems by giving feedback on the organisation
- Reports to Weld Bay Supervisor/Leading Hand
- Delegation in Event of Absence: Boilermakers
- Undertake machining operations on a wide range of mining and heavy engineering equipment
Requirements and skills
- Mechanical Skills
- Physical Stamina
- Excellent attention to details
- Ability to Work in Confined Spaces
- Ability to Work at Heights
- Ability to detect and fix problems
- The ability to work well with others
- Excellent communication skills
What can we offer?
- Pay rates are based on a tiered system from level 1 through to level 5 tradespersons
- Each candidate is evaluated based on the skills and attributes and classified accordingly
- The team works a 38hr week with a variety of work and a motivated team
Seeking change makers not job seekers to work in a team that values you.
Be on the top of your game – Close the windows and open the doors.
If you’re looking for a new challenge hit the “Apply for this job now” button and submit your Resume or call Jodi on 0428 844 867 for more details and a confidential discussion.