WORK WITH A TEAM OF THE BEST
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Curragh North is our leading open-cut coal mining project within the Southern Bowen Basin.
As our next Boilermaker reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
- Perform the repair and maintenance of mobile fleet and other equipment in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins and computer-based systems
- Responsible for workshop tooling used and advise the Supervisor of any tooling which is unsafe
- Setting and maintaining high housekeeping standards
- Carrying out pre-start checks
To be considered for these opportunities you are required to have:
- A proactive attitude with the desire to work reliably as part of a world-class team to deliver excellence for our clients
- Proficient in performing all welding, gouging, cutting or other duties
- Standard 11
- Trade Certificate in Engineering Fabrication or Equivalent
- Post-trade experience working in the mining and heavy earthmoving industry, or hydraulic excavator industry – Mobile plant equipment & heavy welding experience (essential)
- Current Drivers Licence (HR drivers licence highly regarded)
- Alignment to our principles: Integrity, Accountability, Innovation & Deliver
WHAT THIESS CAN DO FOR YOU
- Competitive rates from $60 per hour
- Permanent full-time positions
- 12-hr days & nights
- Even time, lifestyle rosters
- BIBO available from Yeppoon, Rockhampton and Mackay
- Salary sacrifice options – flights & novated leasing
- Full camp facilities provided
- Living out of camp allowance, if applicable
- Thiess’ commitment to training & developing
- Refer a friend program with maximum $5,000 payment (conditions apply)
- A range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products
At Thiess, we partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia and the Americas. For more than 85 years, we have operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses global insight to optimise solutions and create value for each project, positioning them for optimal efficiency, productivity and cost performance, backed by how we meet our commitments. Thiess is committed to being at the forefront of sustainable mining, leveraging the power of our people and technology to support clients in their journey to more sustainable enterprises.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com [link removed]
Register Your Interest Today
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.