At Energy Queensland our people are critical to our success. We are focused on developing our people to ensure they have the skills and capabilities to strive and thrive in a diverse and inclusive environment.
As a group of companies, we’re working together, towards an Electric Life by 2030.
Our innovation journey continues as we plan for the electrification of everything and enable the integration of renewable energy solutions towards net zero.
And we are looking for you to join our team...
Our Operations division has a permanent opportunities for two Automation Design Paraprofessional x 2, and are inviting applications from suitably qualified Energy Queensland employees and external applicants who may identify themselves as Control Systems, SCADA or Operational Technology designers/technicians.
We have a Cairns based opportunity joining the Control Systems team who deliver capital projects to renew existing diesel generation assets, updating technology, and migrating to renewable energy sources as part of enabling the net-zero emissions future.
We also have a second opportunity open at Any Major EQL Locations (Cairns, Townsville, Rockhampton, Maryborough, Toowoomba and Brisbane) and is joining the SCADA/Automation design team responsible for connecting new assets to the network, ranging from new major loads, to embedded large scale renewable generation, to new technology enabling the net-zero emissions future.
Working as a member of the Substation Design & Engineering team, the Automation Design Paraprofessional will apply their knowledge and experience to successfully deliver safe, effective and efficient designs. As well as provide design and commissioning support for projects, with consideration to client specifications, standards and emerging technologies.
Critical to your success in the role is your:
• An Advanced Diploma in Electrical Engineering (or relevant equivalent qualification) is essential;
• A Queensland Electrical Licensing Board Certificate of Competency as an Electrical Fitter Mechanic is desirable;
• 'C' class drivers licence is required for this role;
• Hands-on experience with diesel generation, renewable energy, DER, DERMS or large scale battery systems is desirable;
• In depth knowledge and demonstrated experience in the design principles and practices of Automation systems, including the application and specification of equipment, function and configuration of complex control systems, with a sound knowledge of the associated Primary and Secondary Plant, Protection and Telecommunications.
• In depth knowledge and demonstrated experience with telemetry systems.
For more information about this role, click on the Position Description link located at the bottom of the page.
The position has been evaluated as a Para-Professional Grade Four (PP4). The level of payment will be subject to an assessment of the successful applicant’s knowledge, skills and competencies that are required in this position. In addition to this, attractive employee benefits and allowances could be payable. Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Energy Queensland Union Collective Agreement 2020.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the APPLY icon to be taken to the Energy Queensland Careers page.
For further information please contact Danny Perazzolo, Senior Control Systems Engineer on 0438 667 337
We value the differences individuals contribute to our workforce and encourage a diverse range of applicants to apply.
Click here to view more information on diversity and inclusion at Energy Queensland.