About BHP Operations Services
BHP Operations Services delivers industry leading mining services across BHP operations Australia-wide with specialist capabilities in load and haul, fixed plant maintenance and mobile maintenance. BHP Operations Services has a strong focus on people capability and culture. Our people are our greatest asset and are at the centre of everything that we do. We focus on high performance safety and productivity through our people. With world-class training that is unmatched in the industry and the opportunity to advance your career across locations and commodities, join the team and make your place in BHP.
About the Role
We are seeking experienced Auto Electricians for a number of our sites in the Bowen Basin (Saraji, Goonyella, Peak Downs and Blackwater). Demonstrating a strong focus on safety, your primary duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Scheduled and breakdown maintenance of all heavy mobile equipment including trucks, dozers and excavators
- Conducting preventative maintenance inspections and identifying and rectifying faults
- Initiate updates to work procedures to ensure they are accurate and relevant to equipment
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
- Auto Electrician Trade (Australian recognised)
- A strong background as an Auto Electrician working ideally with Caterpillar, Komatsu and Liebherr
- Experience with Terex O&K/Caterpillar Excavators/Caterpillar Dozers will be highly regarded
- Previous experience within mining is preferred
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
What is on Offer?
- Funded flights from Brisbane (small booking fee applies)
- Competitive remuneration
- Annual bonus scheme
- Opportunity to take over current 482 sponsorship visas
- Generous BHP share match scheme
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.