At South Walker Creek, HSE operates seven large pre-strip fleets on a seven day continuous roster. HSE are seeking to appoint experienced and qualified Auto Electricians to play a key role in maintaining the site’s mobile equipment fleet through preventative maintenance, breakdown repair and schedule component replacement.
Permanent positions on offer working a 7/7 or day shift only roster at South Walker Creek Mine located 1.5 hours from Mackay. Are you tired of moving around central Queensland from job to job, camp to camp, undertaking induction after induction as a sub-contractor tradesman? Would you rather move site and work in a permanent role? It doesn’t get any better than South Walker Creek – so if you are looking to put your feet down in a permanent role, on a high quality project, closer to your home in Mackay, apply here.
About the role
Role on offer will involve delivering high work standards across a busy workshop and will require:
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety, environmental standards and compliance
- Ensure all maintenance work undertaken is in accordance with site Safety Management Systems
- Carry out repairs, maintenance, and diagnostics on heavy mobile mining equipment
- Identify possible opportunities that will improve the maintenance function and report on progress to the supervisor
- Assist production to reach targets by undertaking all allocated tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
Our Ideal Candidates
The ideal candidates will strive for excellence in your field of expertise and have a passion for what you do, as well as a strong commitment to safety whereby you consistently lead by example. In addition to your passion and experience you will hold the following qualifications:
- Trade Qualified Auto Electrician
- Air conditioning Licence required
- Demonstrated Post Trade Experience on or equivalent to:
- Haul Trucks – 789C and Komatsu 830E
- Dozers – CAT D10T or CAT D11T
- Graders - 16,24
- Excavators – Hitachi EX3600, Hitachi 5600
- A strong work ethic with a particular focus on safety, a high degree of reliability and dedication to providing quality workmanship
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Standard 11 (within 5 years)
Benefits & Working conditions:
- Permanent position with HSE
- 7 on 7 off roster, 12.5 hours
- Site Accommodation and meals provided
- BIBO or DIDO available from Mackay
- Salary Sacrifice option available for cost of flights connection with BIBO services
You will be committed to safety in the workplace and be committed to 100% Chain of Responsibility compliance.
We’re proud of our ‘Zero Harm’ initiative and provide extensive on the job training to ensure you get home safely at the end of every day.
Come join the HSE team today!