Build a deeper capability
Since 2017, our team has delivered mining excellence at Caval Ridge with uncompromising safety and environmental standards. We’re looking forward to continuing our long-term relationship with BMA during our new 5 year contract commencing 2022.
Caval Ridge Mine is based 6kms south of Moranbah in the Bowen Basin.
Thiess is seeking an experienced Auto Electrician with a strong background in communications and Fleet data management for a permanent employment opportunity working on our Caval Ridge coal mining project.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
- Digital Radio Communication System (DMR)
- Ivolve installation and Maintenance
- Industrial Network, microwave, and wireless systems
- Fleet Management Systems maintenance and support
- LTE network maintenance
- CCTV system installation and support
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of equipment non-conformance, identify and record any equipment quality problems, initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels
- Be able to work in accordance with the site's procedures.
What's in it for you?
- $54.62 - $65.81 + $4.79 per hour allowance - Industry leading rates!
- Access to fully funded chartered flights provided by Thiess (Conditions Apply, based on current agreed capacity)
- Permanent role direct with Thiess
- $5,000 refer a mate bonuses
- Thiess’ commitment to ongoing training & development
- 7/7 shift roster
- Permanent full-time positions
- Camp at Buffel Park - 5 minutes from site
- Salary sacrifice options – Flights & novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products
To be considered for these opportunities you are required to have:
- Tertiary qualification, Trade Qualification or equivalent experience in communications, electrotechnology, or digital radio field.
- 2-3 years demonstrated experience in a relevant or equivalent role within an industrial or mining environment.
- Experience in supporting Digital Trunked Radio Systems (TETRA, DMR, P25), including server support and maintenance.
- Experience in configuration of Cisco and Moxa equipment, fault diagnosis, and rectification of IP networks.
- Experience using Fleet Management and GPS systems.
- Strong knowledge of RF, Wireless fundamentals, and antenna systems
- Ability to effectively problem solve, diagnose and resolve
- Ability to work a 7/7 roster
- Configuration and installation of wireless PTP microwave links
- Previous experience with installation and maintenance of CCTV systems
- Experience in configuring and maintaining network monitoring tools
At Thiess, we partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia and the Americas. For more than 85 years, we have operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses global insight to optimise solutions and create value for each project, positioning them for optimal efficiency, productivity and cost performance, backed by how we meet our commitments. Thiess is committed to being at the forefront of sustainable mining, leveraging the power of our people and technology to support clients in their journey to more sustainable enterprises.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com [link removed]
Should you require assistance applying for this opportunity, please contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org [link removed]
Register your interest today
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
Please click the “apply” button to apply for this role.