Work with a team of the best
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
As an Auto Electrician at Curragh North you will not only perform general day to day service work, you will support the installation and maintenance of the machine guidance technology. This is a great opportunity to advance your knowledge & Skills in this area.
Key Role Requirements:
- Perform general servicing, repair and maintenance on mobile mining equipment (Liebherr Excavators, Cat Dump Trucks, Cat Dozers).
- Running data, power, radio and GPS antenna cables through bulkhead, panels and access both inside and outside production equipment compartments on heavy mining machinery
- Provide high quality installations including mountings, wiring and testing of equipment
- Ensure all activities are completed in a safe manner.
What’s in it for you?
- Permanent Thiess shirt from commencement (not via our labour hire partners)
- 7/7 roster
- 12hr days & nights
- BIBO available from Yeppoon, Rockhampton and Mackay
- $5,000 refer a mate bonus
- Salary sacrifice options – flights & novated leasing
- A range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products
- A proactive attitude with the desire to work reliably as part of a world-class team to deliver excellence for our clients
- A genuine interest in building a career with Thiess
- Trade qualified Auto Electrician with post trade experience in the mining industry
- Verified skills list (training transcripts)
- Current Standard 11
- Current drivers licence
- Relevant coal mining certifications
- A commitment to a positive safety culture
- Alignment to our principles, Integrity, Accountability, Innovation & Delivery
At Thiess, we partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia and the Americas. For more than 85 years, we have operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses global insight to optimise solutions and create value for each project, positioning them for optimal efficiency, productivity and cost performance, backed by how we meet our commitments. Thiess is committed to being at the forefront of sustainable mining, leveraging the power of our people and technology to support clients in their journey to more sustainable enterprises.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com [link removed]
Should you require assistance applying for this opportunity, please contact us @ email@example.com [link removed].
Register your interest today
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button.