Audit and Accounting Senior / Assistant Manager
Are you looking for a change of pace and enhanced lifestyle? Would you like the opportunity to join a great team that promotes professional development and the opportunity to live, work and play on the beautiful Capricorn Coast?
We have a fabulous opportunity for an experienced Audit and Accounting Senior / Assistant Manager to join our Audit and Accounting Teams in our head office in Rockhampton, the Beef and Barra Capital of Australia.
About Evans Edwards & Associates
We are a privately owned, boutique firm of Accountants, Auditors and Business Advisors proudly serving Central Queenslanders and their businesses for more than 40 years. We take pride in our team and the commitment and care they take in looking after our clients.
With a strong focus on creating a positive culture, we have built a reputation as a firm and employer of choice and welcome the opportunity to work with people who align with our core values;
- Service Excellence
You will have extensive audit, accounting and reporting experience and understand the scope and timeliness of engagements for various entities including Large Clubs, Charities, other Not for Profit organisations and SME's.
You are a friendly, articulate, well presented and motivated person looking for a leadership role that will provide personal and professional career development and advancement opportunities.
To be considered for this role you must meet the following selection criteria:
- CA qualified or equivalent;
- proven audit and accounting experience at a senior level
- previous experience in leading a team or have ambition to do so
- experience within business development
- problem solving and critical thinking skills
- strong communication skills and attention to detail
- ability to use resources to optimise engagement outcomes through self-management
- management of a client portfolio on a timely basis
- high level of knowledge in Myworkpapers or equivalent, MYOB AE or APS, Microsoft Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- the ability to adapt to change in todays’ fast paced digital climate
About The Role
This role is based in our Rockhampton office and will assist the current Audit Manager in the completion of audit and assurance services, predominantly for a wide range of Not for Profits, along with accounting assignments for our medium level SME's. With a focus on delivering timely service excellence, this role will transition to leading our Audit Team.
- preparing, planning and executing audits
- report on and review audit findings
- writing recommendations
- presentation of audit findings to various stakeholders
- ensure compliance with internal controls and compliance standards
- risk & compliance assistance for clients
- preparation of financial statements
- team leadership, coaching and training
About the Benefits
We strive to create a rewarding, enjoyable career experience that also provides a rewarding and engaging experience for our employees. Benefits on offer are;
- competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- approachable directors, managers and team
- structured training and professional development opportunities
- flexible work options
- Inclusive culture
- team social events
If you feel you;
- meet the selection criteria
- align with our core values
- have a strong desire to lead our Audit Team; and
- want to live, work and play on the beautiful Capricorn Coast
Then check out the link below and submit your resume with cover letter to;
The Practice Manager Janenne Baker at email@example.com or for a confidential discussion about the role, contact Janenne on (07) 4927 4588.