About this Opportunity
- Continuing, Full Time
- School of Education and the Arts
- CQUniversity Rockhampton
- Total Remuneration $89,914 to $120,229 pa (including salary of $75,979 to $101,596 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
Working at CQUniversity
The School of Education and the Arts offers a wide selection of courses in the areas of teacher education, digital media, professional communication, music, performing arts, visual arts, humanities, hospitality, early childhood, education support, community services, project management, training and assessment and tourism. The school offers a range of study options for you to undertake from short courses to certificate and diploma level courses, along with a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and research higher degrees. They also offer hyperflexible postgraduate Graduate Certificate and Masters courses in the areas of Educational Neuroscience, Educational Leadership and Creative Writing.
About the role
We are seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual to join our team as Associate Lecturer in the field of Humanities. The ideal candidate should have a PhD, or be close to completion of a PhD, in some aspect of English Literary Studies. Additionally, they should demonstrate the ability to teach a broad range of undergraduate units in the Bachelor of Arts degree, including units in the Creative Writing and/or Strategic Communication majors.
You will play a vital part in teaching students both on-campus and via distance. Your commitment to meticulous planning, preparation, presentation, and assessment, will ensure that our students excel in achieving unit and course objectives. We are seeking an individual capable of showcasing early-career development of a research profile, substantiated by documented scholarly publications in your specific field or within the realm of learning and teaching scholarship.
The position will be located on the Rockhampton North CQUniversity Campus. This is an exciting opportunity to make a lasting impact on the academic community and contribute to the vibrant intellectual atmosphere of our institution.
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Generous paid carers, maternity and paternity leave
- 17% superannuation (with the choice of joining an award-winning superfund)
- Flexible work / life balance
- Fantastic staff professional / career development opportunities
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Bachelor Degree in the relevant discipline area with industry or professional experience. Ideal candidates will hold a PhD, or be close to completion of a PhD, in some aspect of English Literary Studies.
- Teaching qualification or willingness to undertake a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching / Education.
- Knowledgeable about University standards and academic writing, including assignment research, writing, and referencing.
- Expertise in efficiently navigating University operating systems (e.g., Finance One, Moodle) and business support software, encompassing word processing, spreadsheeting, database systems, and email.
- Proven capability in delivering innovative, high-quality courses using various teaching styles, including flexible learning and multi-campus delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and supervise undergraduate University students and supporting their educational development through multi-modal delivery strategies.
For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Description.
Apply today for a career that changes lives
Applications Close: 11:59pm, Wednesday, 13 December 2023
Job Requisition ID: 3945
When submitting your application, please include: Your Current CV or Resume, and a 1-2 page Cover Letter highlighting your relevant skills, experience and suitability for the position. Please note, applicants for the position must have full time work rights.
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and CQUniversity’s domestic and international student graduates with post-study work rights are encouraged to apply.