You've probably heard of Coates or seen our orange hire equipment on job sites around Australia. But we're more than just scissor lifts and diggers. We're an end-to-end solutions company operating across five key areas: Equipment Hire; Engineering Solutions; Industrial Solutions; Power & HVAC; and Training.
We're proudly Australian-owned, with a long history of supporting customers to deliver major projects, and an exciting future focused on digital transformation, sustainability and growth.
At Coates, we understand that we're nothing without great people. So, you don't just work for us, we work for you. We're here to support and equip you with great training and development, flexible work options and a positive team environment to help you build your career from the ground up or take it to the next level.
Your new role awaits …
Coates Industrial Solutions provides clients with an end-to-end solution for construction projects, major shutdowns or short preventative maintenance. We have an opportunity for a permanent full-time Assistant Shutdown Manager to assist in the operational execution of shutdowns for our project in Gladstone.
You will manage the daily operations for industrial services with a focus on maximising sales and profitability through the provision of professional and reliable shutdown products and services. The role is accountable for exceptional customer experiences by delivering efficient and effective solutions, as well as managing a large team of service and operational employees.
A typical day will include:
- Lead with a safety-first attitude
- Drive the strategic plans for growth, development and expansion of the Industrial Services business
- Co-ordinate and project manage Coates involvement on the customer site
- Manage, maintain and train an operational workforce which works as one team, is customer focused and motivated to fulfil all project scope of works
- Ensure and supervise appropriate safety certification, checking and servicing of all equipment; ensure all correct safety procedures and recording processes regarding safety of equipment is adhered to by staff; undertake economical repairs of equipment
- Regularly meet and visit key and major customers to capture opportunities for increasing sales; monitor and evaluate sales results and performance to ensure achievement of targets
What you'll bring to the role:
- Demonstrated safety improvement results
- Experience managing a large, operationally diverse workforce in the construction, warehousing or mining industries
- Proven maintenance management experience (ideally in mining, petro chemical, or manufacturing)
- Proven competency in project management delivery
- Demonstrated ability to foster strong professional relationships
- The ability to drive operational and process improvements
- Well-developed computer application skills
- Mechanical trade background and current forklift ticket (advantageous)
What you'll get in return
As part of our team, you'll enjoy a range of perks and benefits including:
• Competitive remuneration (because we value great work and believe it should be rewarded)
• Flexible working arrangements to help you balance your work life with your home life
• Training and development to help build your career and equip you for success.
• Purchased extra leave program if you want some more time to do the things you love
• Discounted hire equipment so you can finally finish that home reno job
• Supportive and inclusive team culture that empowers you to do your best work
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for professional and confidential counselling and support
• Volunteering opportunities through the Coates Foundation so you can connect to your community
At Coates, we know that people, organisations and communities thrive when everyone feels valued and included. So, we're proud to be implementing our second Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) and working to continually improve gender representation and the development of our future female leaders via our annual LEAP program.
Safety always comes first at Coates. Our safety-driven processes and policies aim to ensure all stakeholders go to work and return home safely to their families and communities.
And to deliver on our wider people and planet responsibilities, we're committed to achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions and supporting our national charities and local communities through the Coates Foundation.
Curious about our what it's like to work at Coates? To learn more, visit coates.com.au and read our employees' stories on LinkedIn.
Ready to apply?
If you'd like to get on the path to success, please follow the links or apply via careers.coates.com.au
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our culture. We're committed to continually increasing the diversity of our workforce, including leadership levels. We actively encourage all people to apply.
Coates. Equipped for you