Assistant Educator- C&K Clinton Community Childcare Centre
- Permanent Full-time position
- Immediate start for the right candidate
- 40 hours per week with a monthly RDO
- Be a part of children’s learning and discovery
About the role:
C&K Clinton Community Childcare Centre is now looking for an educator who is passionate about working alongside children in their early years to join our team as an Assistant within the Centre. Your new role will see you working Permanent full time, 40 hours per week, 8 hours a day with a monthly day off. We are looking for an educator who can be flexible, and work shifts between the hours of 6:00am – 6pm on rotating rosters.
As the Assistant you will have the opportunity to learn and grow through C&K, to bring new skills and ideas to challenge your knowledge and deliver excellence in early education and care. For the role we are looking for an Educator who is energetic, passionate and fun, who will pride themselves on their passion and dedication for early education and care within the learning environment and have exceptional skills to build relationships with families and children.
At C&K Clinton Community Childcare Centre, we are proud of our spacious natural environment and use this as a catalyst for challenging and open-ended play where children are provided with uninterrupted time to explore and engage in learning. Our centre is unique and currently caters for up to 66 children.
This is a fantastic steppingstone into the organisation where you will meet and learn from your Director, room leader and educators throughout the centre.
You will be given training and support to C&K’s new revised curriculum “Listening & Learning Together” as well as our Birth to Three approach. C&K offers an online learning education hub and has a dedicated Learning and Development department which provides our employees access to online training and courses.
As well as;
- Beautiful natural learning environments for children and educators to learn together
- Work for one of Queensland’s leading early education not-for-profit providers
- Career progression opportunities
- C&K pays for our permanent staff to have a paid blue card and renewals
- Build your networks through C&K in the Early Childhood sector
- Gain experience with all age groups through Long day care
- Feel connected through regular C&K updates, use of online systems, access to policies and procedures and online learning
- Feeling connected through your community
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Access to study through our C&K College
- Salary packaging options & above award wage
- Priority access to C&K Childcare and Kindergarten services
Ideal applicants will have:
- Hold a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education, or studying towards essential
- Current first aid/CPR including asthma and anaphylaxis or willingness to obtain one
- Hold or willing to obtain a Paid Blue card
- Previous experience in a childcare setting desirable
- An Understanding of your duties as an Assistant educator and be a team player
- Passion for creating and delivering a simulating learning environment
- An understanding of the provision of a safe, well planned indoor and outdoor learning environment
- Awareness of the National Quality Framework
- Skilled with documenting observations of children's behaviour and development, in the form of learning stories.
- An ability to implement a planned program, in collaboration with the room leader ensuring the needs of individual children and the group are met
C&K is proud to be the largest and longest established provider of community-based early childhood education and care services in Queensland. Working at C&K you will have access to many benefits including, but not limited to, above-award wages, salary packaging options, priority access to C&K childcare and kindergarten centres and access to study through our C&K College.
C&K is committed to an inclusive workforce and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally-diverse backgrounds.
Please be aware that the Queensland Government’s COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Workers in a high-risk setting Direction requires all workers who enter, work in, or provide services in an early childhood education and care setting to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This Direction applies to C&K.
All C&K employees are required to undergo background checks which includes police checks.
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. C&K reserve the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.