Goodstart is Australia's largest early learning provider. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia's children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
Assistant Director | Goodstart Gladston, Beak Street | Permanent Full-time
At Goodstart, we're all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can't do that without great people! We are not-for-profit with a vision for Australia's children to have the best possible start to life!
As the Assistant Director at Goodstart Gladstone, Beak Street you will use your experience and leadership qualities to engage and motivate your centre team to drive continuous improvement in all aspects across centre operation and to extend your network of relationships with children, families and educators. You will work in collaboration with your centre leadership team . You will step up into the Centre Director position one day per week in the absence of the Centre Director.
About our Centre: We are 74 place service and proud to be an "exceeding" NQS Centre. We have a team of passionate, friendly & qualified educators, with an experienced leadership team.
You'll help achieve this by:
- Having a Diploma in Early Childhood Education (or an approved Diploma level qualification recognised by ACECQA)
- Having strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Having a passion and willingness to learn
- Having good time management skills
- Having strong working knowledge of all areas of the National Quality Framework
- Having commitment to safety and high standard of work output
- Having the desire to motive and encourage your fellow educators
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let's start with the benefits!
- Paid Professional Development
- Well-being focus - you'll get two extra days off per year
- Additional leave - you'll have the option to purchase extra leave for even great work life balance
- 4 weeks paid Parental Leave - increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
- Competitive above award rates
- Tax benefits through salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform allowance
- Generous Childcare Discount - 50% off your childcare gap fees
- Retail and Childcare Discounts - you'll save money on insurance, travel and technology
You'll also love!
- Centre Support - dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our centre support team.
- Security and stability - with over 670 centres across Australia, you'll have the support of a large network and the stability of a respected organisation.
If you have previous experience as an Assistant Director, Senior Educator, or in a centre leadership position, or similar, then we want to meet you!
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team. #gsassistantdirector