This is your chance to secure an amazing contract role based in Mt Pleasant, QLD that will see you commence immediately for an initial 12 month contract - with possibility of extension.
Our Federal Government client operates nation-wide; they are a progressive government corporation with a strong work ethic and a positive contemporary attitude to people from minority groups.
The Participant Support Officer will be the first point of contact for participants within the office and provide high quality professional, friendly and respectful management of telephone enquiries, reception duties and appointment processes.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: –
- managing and resolving participant matter by actioning planning tasks
- Providing face to face customer service to participants, families and carers.
- Assist with research and reports as directed.
- Provide thorough information and effective support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work under limited direction to provide administrative support to the team.
- Management of email and appointments.
- Coordination of appointments with the use of Agency office facilities and ensure these facilities are neat and appropriately prepared for each participant.
- Undertake a range of data entry responsibilities.
- Receive and record complaints and other feedback in the Agency data base.
Participant Support Officers must have high levels of personal resilience to be able to deal with emotional and challenging customer circumstances and high workload demands. This role will involve liaising with participants on a face to face basis and at time, delivering difficult news / handling challenging conversations.
To be successful in this role:
- Proven experience within a Government Department, ideally within a similar role
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational skills
- Administrative and customer service background
- Have a strong understanding of working with individuals with a disability
All applicants must hold Australian Citizenship and be willing to undertake a National Police Security check.
To register your interest “Apply Now” - interviews to commence immediately.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com
or 1300 337 000
and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.