About the role
UGL’s locomotive maintenance facility based in Nebo, QLD is currently is currently seeking expressions of interest for 3rd and 4th year Mechanical and Electrical apprentices to join our team.
These positions will be on a 7/7 rotating roster of days, afternoons & nights, camp accommodation/meals are provided. If you do not live local to the site, FIFO to and from Nebo will be at your own cost.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager these roles will see you working with in the fleet maintenance team alongside our trade qualified staff working on fault finding and troubleshooting activities for our rollingstock assets throughout the rail network.
To be considered for the role you will possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Currently in your 3rd or 4th year of your Mechanical or Electrical apprenticeship and looking for an opportunity to broaden your skillset
- Heavy industrial experience.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Great time management skills.
- The ability to work within a team and unsupervised.
- Willing to work afternoon shift if required
What we offer
- Competitive hourly rate according to Townsville Enterprise Agreement
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- A change to join a 6,000 + strong organization owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors
What makes you right for UGL
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and willingness to challenge the norm
- You believe success and value driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.
If you are confident you have the skills and knowledge to fulfil this role, then please apply now
Job Ref No: 248314