Your new career opportunity: Mechanical Fitter
At Queensland Alumina Limited (QAL), we are excited to offer exceptional career opportunities for Mechanical Tradespeople in Redside Department. If you're passionate about safety, teamwork, and continuous improvement, this is the perfect time to join our dynamic and inclusive work environment.
- Permanent full-time role working a 9-day fortnight roster
About your role
Reporting directly to the Supervisor – General Maintenance as part of the Redside Services department, you will contribute to our Safe, Stable and Sustainable vision by your:
- Ensuring all work is performed in accordance with site health, environmental and community policies, systems and procedures
- Operating workshop equipment, overhauling and repairing valves, pneumatic tooling and other associated equipment
- Interpreting drawings, measuring equipment and documentation
- Inspecting components and taking personal accountability for safe execution of work, quality and efficiency
- Working in a team and communicating with internal customers as required
- Recommending and developing safety and productivity improvements to fabrication and maintenance practices
- Diagnosing and recommending repair methods
- Monitoring, isolating, commissioning and performing preventative maintenance and conducting operational activities
- General housekeeping duties
What you will bring
To be successfully considered for this role, you should have:
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Trade qualifications as a Mechanical Fitter
- Experience with machining and hydraulics is desirable
- Ability to read drawings
- Ability to apply effective problem solving and fault-finding techniques
- Welding skills would be advantageous
- Dogging, forklift or elevated work platform would be highly regarded
- A positive and motivated attitude with a strong work ethic
What’s on offer
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include:
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Competitive salary package
- Domestic relocation assistance
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
Where you will be working
Located in central Queensland, Gladstone is a coastal town with a population of approximately 64,000. Enjoy well-established education, entertainment, shopping, and medical facilities, along with easy access to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. Explore the vibrant community and stunning surroundings here:
As one of the world's largest alumina refineries, Queensland Alumina Limited (QAL) is renowned for its leadership in minerals processing. We prioritize employee engagement, cutting-edge technology, and exemplary safety, quality, and environmental performance.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We foster an inclusive environment where every voice is heard, cultures are respected, and diverse perspectives drive success. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTQ+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities, and individuals from various cultural backgrounds.
Ready to Make a Difference?
If you're seeking a fulfilling career opportunity and want to contribute to a company that values safety, stability, and sustainability, join us at QAL. Apply today and embark on a rewarding journey.