Exciting new role supporting the energy requirements of large industry
- Permanent role with great career progression opportunities
- Industry-leading benefits including 9-day fortnight and subsidised health insurance
- Strategic remit with the ability to influence the company’s bottom-line on a daily basis
Be part of an innovative and progressive Commercial team where diversity of thought and experience is valued.
About your role
Reporting directly to the Specialist – Sourcing (RM&E), you will contribute to our Safe, Stable and Sustainable vision by:
- Understanding internal business requirements and external market factors to inform commercial management of raw materials and energy on a daily basis including consumption, surplus and shortfall
- Developing and maintaining processes for both short and long-term management of raw materials and energy in order to meet overarching business strategies and objectives
- Working with key internal stakeholders and strategic suppliers to ensure that the needs of the refinery are consistently met
- Undertaking report development, invoice reconciliation, cross-functional engagement and communication
- Analysing data to identify opportunities to improve the financial and operational performance of the business
- Ensuring all work is performed in accordance with site health, environmental and community policies, systems and procedures
What you will bring
To be successfully considered for this role, you should have:
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Experience in a commercial, procurement, technical and / or analytical role
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and drive efficiency in reporting, processes and system optimisation
- Ability to interpret, negotiate and manage contractual arrangements
- High degree of competency with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated economic and financial comprehension including analytical skills and commercial acumen
What’s on offer
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include:
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Competitive salary package
- Domestic relocation assistance
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
Where you will be working
Gladstone is a coastal town in central Queensland with the region home to a population in excess of 63,000. The Gladstone region enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities and is the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. If you are thinking of making a seaside change, check out what our region has to offer:
Queensland Alumina Limited (QAL) is one of the world’s largest alumina refineries, enjoying a global reputation as a leader in the minerals processing industry. QAL is focused on employee engagement, best practice technology, innovative capital solutions, benchmark maintenance and project execution whilst maintaining world class safety, quality and environmental performance.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At QAL, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTQ+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
If you are looking for a new venture and the chance to work for a company that cares about being Safe, Stable and Sustainable, apply today.
Applications Close: Wednesday 17 August 2022