Centurion is one of Australia’s largest independently owned and operated logistics (3PL) and transport companies. Based in Perth, Western Australia but operating across Australia, we have significant mobile, land and infrastructure assets nationwide, including 20 distribution centres and a fleet of more than 2,000 vehicles. This ensures Centurion provides flexible and reliable supply chain solutions for all our customers. Centurion is a values driven organisation operating with the vision of being the leading logistics partner for stakeholders in the commodity rich communities of Australia.
About the Role
We are currently searching for an experienced Supervisor with excellent management skills to help supervise our fast paced yard operations ensuring that all freight is processed and delivered safely within contractual timeframes. This role will be dayshift and will work closely with our PM Yard Supervisor reporting to the Branch Manager.
- Coordinate and supervise operational activities to ensure prompt receipt and delivery of freight.
- Support the PUD team with efficient loading and unloading processes
- Provide leadership, guidance and engagement to the team
- Manage team training, performance management and rosters
- Ensure inbound freight is staged accurately and scan received in a timely manner
- Audit and identify consignment or freight anomalies and address accordingly
- Provide daily/weekly reports to operations management team.
- Supervise the timely dispatch of shuttles in line with departure schedules and load compliance
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring a safe working environment, reporting and investigating any safety incidents or concerns to the Branch Manager.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant OH&S requirements
- Conforming to quality systems and procedures
- Investigating and managing non conformances
Skills and Experience
- Management qualification or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in a supervisory or team leader role
- Process and systems improvement experience
- Well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
Culture and Benefits
- Team environment
- Strong safety culture
- Career development opportunities
- Employee wellness programs
How to Apply
If you feel you have the experience, ability and skills to take the next step with your career within Centurion, we want to hear from you. Click ‘Apply for this Job’ now.