Regional Airport location. Successful applicants will be trained as a baggage handler with the potential for further training as a Customer Service Agent. You will be qualified to complete tasks in many aspects of Airline operations for multiple airlines including Qantas, Qantaslink, Alliance Airlines and various private Charter Airlines.
We're after highly motivated candidates seeking a career in an exciting, fast paced environment with a focus on providing a seamless customer service experience for our vast customer base.
Position duties include but not limited to:
Airside Service Agent
- Baggage handling including loading and unloading Aircraft.
- Marshalling Aircraft onto parking Bays
- Unloading, loading and sorting freight
- Operating Aircraft service equipment including baggage belt loaders, passenger boarding ramps, Aircraft stairs, Tow vehicles and Passenger assistance devices.
- Freight consignment
- Cabin Cleaning
Customer Service Agent
- Passengers check in.
- Process travel documents/Verifying destination requirements.
- Customer management including handling customer complaints/enquiries)
- Collecting additional airport charges
- Assisting with Mishandled Baggage
- Providing superior product knowledge for our premium guests
To be successful in this position you must have the following:
- Employees must hold a current State driver’s licence.
- Employees must be eligible and willing to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Clearance (ASIC)
- Responsible service of alcohol (or willing to obtain)
- Willing to work split shifts.
- Ability to work shifts that may start as early as 05:15 and that may finish as late as 22:00
- Pass a mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Previous experience with airline systems (Highly desirable)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- A mature approach when dealing with customers requiring special needs.
- Work without direct supervision and possess great time management skills.
- Impeccable grooming and presentation
- Ability to work safely and adhere to safe work practices.
- To be physically fit and able to lift a maximum of 32kg repetitively in all kinds of weather.
- Weekly pay
- Competitive hourly rate + penalties
- Paid training time
- Paid ASIC (renewals only)
- Flexible rostering for a work/life balance
- Employee Assistance Program to help navigate life's challenges.
- Ongoing training and support
If you are interested in this position and keen to join our fantastic team, please submit your CV and covering letter by clicking the apply button.
If you have any further questions about the position please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org