The Position: Our Services are in demand & we need new staff with new energy to help carry us forward to meet that growth. We require the services of a Airconditioning & Refrigeration Mechanic whose primary role will be installation, but can back up into the Maintenance & Breakdown team when needed. We are looking for a Cert 3 Tradesman, or a Cert 2 installer.
We can offer good solid installation work all year round, with enough variety to keep you looking forward to your day.
Our installers do a wide variety of installations in both the Airconditioning & Refrigeration field.
The Opportunity: Increase your knowledge, increase your income
If you are a CERT 2 Installer who wants to progress to a full CERT3 Trade qualification. We can give you that!
You could be a junior tradesperson ( Junior does not necessarily mean young, we will accept any age applicants) who want to grow their knowledge base of the HVAC Trade.
We provide the opportunities & the environment for you to improve as a tradesman by the wide variety of equipment we work on and the ongoing training that we provide.
The Job Description: The Primary role will revolve around the installation and commissioning of Airconditioning Plant & Refrigeration equipment. This will include installation of metal & flexible metal ductwork; Cool & Freezer room erection when needed.;
The secondary role will be assisting with Breakdowns & some PM works during times of high demand.
Previous experience: Extensive installation on a variety of Job sites including residential & commercial.
While we undertake some new construction work, we usually work directly for the client or end user. We primarily focus on equipment retrofits & office & retail store fit outs.
Brand specific experience is not necessary, just a commitment to good quality workmanship is a requirement.
Cool & Freezer room erection experience an advantage
Metal & Flexible duct experience also highly regarded.
Electrical tradesman & Cert 2 Installers who want to learn the full refrigeration trade will also be highly considered.
- Fully Qualified Refrigeration & Airconditioning Mechanic or Cert 2 Approved certificate;
- Current Qld Restricted Electrical licence or above including UEE32111 restricted licence holders will be highly regarded
- Current Arctic Refrigerant Handling Licence
- Current Qld Drivers licence;
- White/Blue card
Attributes: it is expected the successful applicant will posses
- A willingness to listen & learn
- A Commitment to maintaining excellence in installation practices
- Self Motivated & Team Orientated
- Ability to work within a paperless computer based job logging & management system.
- Punctuality .Honesty, Neat tidy appearance & a strong work ethic are highly regarded & will form part of the selection process
- Good communication skills with other team members & customers alike
What we can offer:
A generous package including the usual items after qualifying period:
- Take Home work vehicle
- Work mobile & Tablet
- Work Uniform
- Great job Variety - not boring same old same old
- Job Security & Job Satisfaction
- Great Team Culture.
But, on top of this we can offer a remuneration package that is more tailored to an individuals personal circumstances. We are happy to discuss-
- Flexible start & finish times to accommodate school pick up & drop off times.
- Rostering to match partners Days off
- Short & long term employment contracts
- Salary sacrifice into Super
As well as these other benefits
- Discounts on tools & related products
- Regular planned o'time if you want it;
- Flexible work Hours- Can early start & early finish & can be flexible with school pick ups & drop offs with management approval.
The Hourly rate will be negotiable depending on experience & qualifications of the applicant.
About us: Michael DePinto Air-conditioning & Refrigeration is a well established, locally owned family company that has been operating in the Mackay, Whitsundays & Coal fields region for over 34 years.
We are a Sales & Service organisation with a focus on Commercial Air-conditioning & Refrigeration Sales, Installation ,Service & Repairs. We work closely with our customers to meet their expectations in service delivery & value for money.
We have a hard working team of men & women who take pride in their work & enjoy high levels of work autonomy once they are an established member of the team.
Mackay, is a large regional city on the central Qld coast approx 900km north of Brisbane. The town is economically diverse with Sugar & cattle as the main primary industries locally. We are also a mining services super hub with world class engineering workshops supporting the mines several hundred kilometres west.
We have a modern jet airport & we are the gateway to the Whitsunday islands just to our Nth. With a mild tropical climate, beautiful beach's & picturesque countryside, there are a huge amount of leisure activities available nearly all the year round. Bush walking; Fishing, water skiing; Kite boarding & boating just to name a few.
We have modern Shopping facilities spread throughout the region; University Campus & excellent private Educational & technical training facilities. Mackay Base & Mater private hospitals have both also recently completed upgrades. Most private specialist medical services are readily available in Mackay.
The town offers excellent opportunities for people through its great climate; economic diversity & opportunity. So if you are looking at getting a foothold in the residential market, now is the time to come to Mackay, join the De Pinto HVAC Team.
All applications will be treated as Private & confidentiality is assured. Only those short listed will be contacted for interviews
Email resumes to email@example.com .