About the organisation
Enhance the lives of older Australians by joining the Life Without Barriers team. Guided by every client’s individual needs and interests, our personalised in-home Aged Care services focus on empowering every person to maintain their home comforts, health, and connections within their community.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
You will actively support the individual needs of frail, aged and people with disability who access our Community Care Services. You will help our clients remain living independently at home through the provision of domestic assistance (cleaning), personal care, community access and activities such as shopping, doctors’ appointments, post office and entertainment activities. You will be required to work in the area of Emu Park and Yeppoon on a Saturday and Sunday between the hours of 7am-5pm. You will also pick up some shifts on weekdays as the work increases.
- Housekeeping duties such as dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, cleaning surfaces, emptying bins fridges and freezers, as indicated in the clients care plan
- Washing clothing including hanging out to dry, folding and ironing of clothes
- Changing of bed linen as required
- Assisting with showering, bathing, medications, eating, toileting, grooming and any personal care needs as identified in their Care Plan
- Assist the client with community access as identified on the clients care plan
- Manual handling in line with LWB Policies and Procedures as required
Skills & Experience
- A current unrestricted drivers licence and a reliable vehicle with minimum 3rd party insurance
- A current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- The ability to develop positive relationships with the clients and to support their individual care plans as appropriate
- Good communication skills, including the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Meaningful work opportunity at one of Australia's leading Social Purpose Organisations
- Hourly rate from $36.40 + super, Claim up to $15,900 in Salary Packaging Benefits and Car Leasing options through Maxxia
- On-going career, training and development opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Emma Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 22nd May 2022
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect, and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)