- Permanent Part-Time (50 hours/fortnight)
- Based in Rockhampton
- Join a progressive & supportive organisation
Carinity – Shalom has an opportunity for an Administration officer to join the team!
Who is Carinity?
Carinity is a not-for-profit, values-driven organisation, which has been making a real difference in people’s lives since 1949, through comprehensive and integrated community services.
Located just outside of Rockhampton, in Central Queensland, Carinity Shalom offer residents a holistic approach to care to meet their individual care needs. The site offers a home away from home to residents.
The Administration Officer contributes to the smooth running of the reception area, giving support to other senior staff, residents, relatives, visitors and other personnel as required.
What do I need for the role of Administration Officer?
- Demonstrated experience in office administration and clerical procedures
- Availability to work to work between Monday and Friday, with flexible hours
- Demonstrated skills in all aspects of office administration, including some mathematical ability
- Ability to operate or learn to operate basic office equipment e.g. photocopier/printer, fax machine, binding machine etc.
- Ability to responsibly manage confidential material and documents according to organisational requirements
- Compassion for elderly and diplomacy when dealing with residents and potential residents and their families
- Highly developed verbal, telephone and written communication skills, including the ability to write in business English
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate to all management, staff and the general public
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team, offering support and assistance as required
- Proficiency in the use of Office 365, including Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet
- Current NDIS Worker Screening Clearance or current Police Check Certificate issued before the 1 February 2021
- Knowledge of Workplace Health & Safety as it pertains to office procedures
- Current Flu and up to date Covid-19 Vaccinations
- Completion of Year 12, with further training in computer systems advantageous
- Experience within a Residential Aged Care environment
The bonuses of joining the Carinity team
- Be part of a team who are passionate about delivering care excellence
- Access to extensive not-for-profit salary packaging options (pay less tax)
- Ongoing training and development
- Join a value driven organisation, with a culture of caring for others
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for our staff and their immediate family
How do I apply?
Carinity is after motivated and enthusiastic candidates who are committed to working with Carinity to make a real difference! If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
To apply or view more information, including the position description, visit https://www.carinity.org.au/join-our-team/. Applications should include a brief cover letter and Resume that addresses the Essential Competencies and Experiences.
Carinity actively encourages and invites applications from people with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.