- Location: Rockhampton
- Fixed Term until 2 February 2024 with possibility for extension
- Full Time
ABOUT BUSHkids ORGANISATION
BUSHkids is a non-Government, not-for-profit organisation which works within local communities to support the development of children by increasing community capacity through education, prevention and early intervention programs.
To support children’s health, developmental, educational and social and emotional wellbeing through equitable and accessible health services.
All Queensland children reach their potential regardless of where they live.
Our Values • We Are
- Child-focused and family centred
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
This position provides administrative support to ensure the smooth running of the internal operations of the regional Centre; and is responsible for a range of administrative duties, both general and clinical. Duties include front of house supports and reception to promote a welcoming and supportive environment to ensure that all who call or visit the offices, feel valued and appreciated.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Reception and telephone duties
- Meet and greet visitors on arrival
- Excellent telephone etiquette, directing incoming calls to appropriate person
- Logging incoming mail, ensuring distribution to the appropriate staff
- Monitoring the centre email inbox and actioning/distributing appropriately
- Organising and logging outgoing mail, including couriers where required
- Responding and processing referrals within timeframes including confirming consent for the referral from Legal Guardian
- Building child’s electronic profile in relevant electronic database
- Secretarial and word processing duties
- Minute taking and organisational arrangements for meetings, where required
- Proof reading where required
- Ability to draft documents on instruction
- Assist with event coordination, where required
- Coordinate and assist with centre meetings
- General filing, archiving
- Maintaining electronic filing system for clinical services
- Data entry into BUSHkids database – BUSHbase, where required (training provided) and NDIS CRM (training provided)
- Client feedback questionnaire collation
- Preparing documentation for sending to the NDIS storage/scanning facility Iron Mountain
- Centre Resources
- Maintain and coordinate ordering, purchasing and petty cash activities for the Centre
- Maintain local Asset register for the centre
- Coordinating maintenance and administrative requirements of the BUSHkids vehicles
- Communicate and liaise with relevant Business Support staff on operational requirements and concerns for the Centre
- Coordinating clinical appointments where required; arranging, cancelling, rescheduling
- Collaborate with Allied Health and NDIS team members to facilitate a seamless and effective interface between Centre activities and look for opportunities to enhance service, quality, accuracy and timeliness
- Maintain data and accurate records of client service provision in accordance with medico-legal standards and ensuring security of all client information – including (but not limited to):
- Entering referrals
- Letters to parents/carers, referrers
- Case Management Meeting Agenda and Minutes; record case notes, update waiting list
- Scanning as required
- Filing as required
- Archiving records as required
- Quality assurance of collected/entered data as required
- Booking travel for centre staff through the Corporate Travel system following approval processes
- Creating resources/booklets for therapy sessions and groups, where required, including; printing, laminating, binding
- Other administrative duties as assigned by your Line Manager or designated officer as required.
- In areas with a Friends of BUSHkids committee (FoBk), liaise and support FoBk committee Chairperson and members including meeting organisation, agenda, minutes of meetings and other activities as required
Other tasks include:
- Actively participate in general staff meetings
- Attend training sessions (in-house and external) when required
- Know and apply BUSHkids policies and procedures; and be familiar with and understand workplace health and safety and apply these in the workplace
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated significant experience providing a high quality service delivery in office environment and administrative support across a range of services.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to apply structured problem solving approaches and good judgement to analyse, manage and resolve a diverse range of sensitive matters.
- Strong written communication skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated organisational skills to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent typing skills with ability for transcription, writing and word processing skills
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, including scheduling meetings, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Business administration qualifications, training and/or relevant professional experience
- Blue Card – Queensland’s Working with Children Check OR Combined NDIS Worker Screening Clearance and Blue Card
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or certificate stating medical contraindication
- Current C Class Queensland Drivers Licence
The successful applicant will be required to provide certified copies of required documentation prior to formal offer of employment.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are to submit a brief resume with contact details of two (2) professional referees; and a maximum two (2) page written response outlining your suitability for the role by addressing the Key Selection Criteria.
People with a disability or people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander or CALD communities are encouraged to apply for this position.
Applications received directly from SEEK or recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR APPLICATION TO: email@example.com
Enquiries can be made by phone to Toni Garrett, ECA Operations Manager 07 4111 1655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org