"At the core of what we do, no matter our role, we are helping clients seek justice. That’s the kind of business I want to work for." Margy Fauls - Application Support Analyst
At Shine, we champion better justice for our clients. And as a full-time, permanent Administration Assistant/Paralegal in our Personal Injury team based in our Mackay Office, that starts with you. You’ll work closely with our legal team to make a meaningful and long-lasting impact on our clients.
Want a job that provides real career progression to kick start or further advance your legal career? You'll be part of a truly connected team of authentic people who are as passionate as you are. And you’ll be visible and valued for who you are and what you bring.
With empathy, adaptability and initiative, you will be a true champion of our clients by:
What you’ll bring
- Supporting our Legal team with administrative tasks and optimising the use of internal systems to process information.
- Ensuring our office’s meeting rooms and facilities are kept clean and tidy – your proactive nature to look for work won’t go unnoticed here!
- Cultivating strong relationships and trust through empathy and understanding, interpreting client needs and connecting them with the right legal team members.
- Applying your keen eye across general filing, photocopying and archiving management to spot opportunities for improvement so that we can stay ahead of the pack and deliver the best outcomes for our clients.
- Responding to inbound calls, couriers and emails from clients, ensuring they feel looked after, supported and heard.
- Assisting with preparing matters for conference and hearing, including preparation of court and legal documents and general correspondence.
- Proactively providing chargeable and non-chargeable support to our Legal team with general administrative duties, in order to obtain maximum compensation for clients, from file opening to closure.
- Previous administration/business support experience.
- Accurate typing skills with intermediate Word & Excel skills.
- Keen eye for detail in your document management and collation skills.
- You’ll be a great communicator both verbally and in writing.
- You’ll be naturally empathetic and have a resolute passion for helping people.
- You’ll recognise and value the importance of your role in being the gateway to support our clients.
- The ability to work 38 hours per week, between the hours of 8:15am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
Shine Lawyers: A place for you. It means more here.
At Shine, purpose really matters.
- It’s our clients, who summon the courage to stand up to injustice.
- It’s the communities we are part of and support every day.
- It’s our team, who champion what’s right and make this place what it is.
We’re an ASX-listed organisation, and we've been standing up for the rights of everyday Australians for more than 40 years. We’ve achieved a lot but you’ll find no airs and graces here. We’re humble yet relentless. We don’t pretend to be anything other than ourselves. And together, we’ve created a place for you to thrive.
Here are some of the things we hope you’ll love about working with us:
- Connect and be you: Get the benefits you need, and work with truly authentic people. And you can enjoy the security of a large, well-established firm that treats you as a person, not a number.
- Achieve and grow: Start your Shine journey at our renowned Centre of Learning, where you’ll find immediate connection and be set up for success. We provide innovative in-house learning programs and real opportunities to step up and grow - within your role and beyond.
- Challenge and be challenged: We’re not here for “easy”. We want you to take your place at Shine and make a real impact. Question and challenge - that’s how we grow.
Excited to join us and stand up to injustice? Apply now and make Shine Justice a place for you.
As part of The Circle Back Initiative, we want you to feel supported through our recruitment process, which means that you will hear back from our friendly team – no matter the outcome.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce