Yancoal Australia Ltd
ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT - CHPP
Blackwater, QLD, 4717
About the Business
Yancoal Australia is Australia's largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties.
Yancoal currently employs over 3,000 people across its operations. At Yancoal our people are our most valuable asset and we invest in developing our management and leadership talent throughout our operations. Yarrabee Coal Company a wholly owned subsidiary of Yancoal Australia, based in Blackwater Queensland, 2 hours drive west of Rockhampton. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Administration Assistant to join our dynamic team.
About the Role
Reporting to the CHPP Manager, you will play an integral role in the harmonious day-to-day running of the Washplant and Yarrabee Mine Site as a whole. The role will require you to provide effective administration support to the CHPP, Boonal Joint Venture and across all departments where required. Working alongside the other department administrators, you will provide a centralised support network for all administrative tasks delivering timely and effective administrative support to the business.
Roster: Monday - Friday, 7am - 4pm
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels of the business
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Quicker learner and able to adapt with new computer programs
- Ability to schedule and prioritise work to meet established deadlines with no supervision, whilst maintaining a consistent level of professionalism with an eye for detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to cope with changing plans or ideas as the situation changes, in a positive manner
- Able to model professional behaviour at all time with a positive attitude and willingness to asses Ability to exercise initiative and work both independently and co-operatively as required
Experience and Qualifications
- Experienced in the provision of administrative support within a Coal Mining Operation (highly desirable)
- Experienced at prioritising tasks, following through to completion and showing flexibility when needed to accommodate task deadlines
- SAP or similar software experience
- Generic Surface Induction (Standard 11)
- Current QLD Driver's licence
- Business Administration qualifications (highly desirable)
Yancoal provides a range of benefits to appeal to the diverse needs of our employees. The following benefits are available to eligible salaried employees:
- Corporate Subsidised Health Cover Premiums
- Salary Continuance and Life Insurance Cover
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Education Assistance
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Local Housing Allowance
- Local Sporting Allowance
If you would like to apply for this role please click the Apply button.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We reserve the right to close the advertisement before the advertised end date and commence recruitment proceedings immediately.