Yancoal Australia Ltd
ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT - 12 MONTH FIXED TERM
About the Business
Yancoal Australia is Australia's largest pure play coal producer. It boasts three tier one thermal coal mines in New South Wales together with interests in three other metallurgical and thermal coal mines located in New South Wales and Queensland. Yancoal Australia also manages five other Australian coal mines on behalf of related parties. Yancoal currently employs over 3,000 people across its operations. At Yancoal our people are our most valuable asset and we invest in developing our management and leadership talent throughout our operations. Yarrabee Coal Company a wholly owned subsidiary of Yancoal Australia, based in Blackwater Queensland, 2hours drive west of Rockhampton.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Administration Assistant to join our dynamic team.
About the Role
Reporting to the Mining Manager, you will play an integral role in the harmonious day-to-day running of the Mining Team and Yarrabee Mine Site as a whole. This role is to support the Mining Department in all administrative functions to ensure accurate records are available at hand to assist the Department in achieving their targets and goals.
Roster: Monday - Friday, 7am - 4pm
To be successful in the role you will have the following skills & attributes;
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels of the business
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook along with advanced keyboard skills
- Quicker learner and able to adapt with new computer programs
- Ability to schedule and prioritise work to meet established deadlines with no supervision, whilst maintaining a consistent level of professionalism with an eye for detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to cope with changing plans or ideas as the situation changes, in a positive manner
- Able to model professional behaviour at all time with a positive attitude and willingness to asses
- Ability to exercise initiative and work both independently and co-operatively as required.
- Sound understanding of their individual obligations as outlined within the Queensland Coal Mining legislation
- Sound understanding of risk awareness, hazard identification and a strong commitment to safety performance
- Experienced in the provision of administrative support within a Coal Mining Operation (highly desirable)
- Experienced at prioritising tasks, following through to completion and showing flexibility when needed to accommodate task deadlines
- SAP or similar software experience
- Generic Surface Induction (Standard 11) Current QLD Driver's licence
- Business Administration qualifications (highly desirable)
Yancoal provides a range of beneﬁts to appeal to the diverse needs of our employees. The following beneﬁts are available to eligible salaried employees:
- Corporate Subsidised Health Cover Premiums
- Salary Continuance and Life Insurance Cover
- Salary Sacriﬁce Options
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Education Assistance
- Service Recognition
- Paid Parental Leave Provisions
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Local Housing Allowance
- Local Sporting Allowance
If you would like to apply for this role please click the Apply button.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We reserve the right to close the advertisement before the advertised end date and commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
Applications close 4th October 2022