- Permanent Part-Time role
- Based in Rockhampton
- Join a progressive & supportive organisation
As the Activities Officer you will be part of the team in non-clinical care on a Part Time basis. You will have the opportunity to help implement a new model of care focused on supporting each resident in their life journey. This role works closely with and reports to the Residential Manager.
What do I need for the role of Activities Officer?
- Certificate 3 in Aged Care or Lifestyle
- Demonstrated experience in an Aged Care environment in providing and coordinating activities, care and/or support services
- Training and/or demonstrated experience in Dementia care
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and work within a team, offering support and assistance to other staff within a multi-disciplinary healthcare team
- Current First Aid and Flu Vaccination
The bonuses of joining the Carinity team
- Be part of a team who are passionate about delivering care excellence
- Extensive salary packaging options available
- Fortnightly pay periods
- Ongoing training and development
- Join a value driven organisation, with a culture of caring for others
- Look after your mental health and wellbeing with Carinity’s Employee Assistance Program
Who is Carinity?
Carinity is a not-for-profit, values-driven organisation, which has been making a real difference in people’s lives since 1949, through comprehensive and integrated community services.
Located just outside of Rockhampton, in Central Queensland, Carinity Shalom offer residents a holistic approach to care to meet their individual care needs. The site offers a home away from home to residents.
How do I apply?
Carinity is after motivated and enthusiastic candidates who are committed to working with Carinity to make a real difference. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
To apply or view more information, including the position description, visit https://www.carinity.org.au/join-our-team/. Applications should include a brief cover letter and Resume that addresses the Essential Competencies and Experiences. You will be required to provide or undertake a NDIS Worker Screening Check and a National Criminal History Check, which can be submitted by Carinity on your behalf.
Carinity actively encourages and invites applications from people with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.