About this Opportunity
- Fixed Term (until 12.01.2024), Full Time
- Financial Accounting and Operations
- CQUniversity Rockhampton
- Total Remuneration $78,331 to $82,737 pa (including salary of $66,191 to $69,914 pa plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
Working at CQUniversity
Based at the Rockhampton North campus in Central Queensland, the Financial Accounting and Operations Directorate is responsible for the timely processing and payment of CQUniversity accounts and Corporate Card acquittals, as well as providing advice and solutions to internal and external stakeholders regarding relevant policies, processes and procedures.
In this role, you will assist with a wide range of financial and administrative activities including the preparing and processing of accounts payable invoices and transactions, providing travel and accounts payable advice to staff as required and administering and maintaining general ledger and accounts payable reconciliations regularly.
You will perform a range of customer service duties to staff and creditors and actively contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to acquire a strong knowledge of University wide finance related policies and processes and implement these concepts as required.
- Knowledge in the use of a large financial information system and business support software.
- Using excellent communication skills including liaising and advising staff at all levels about finance related matters and liaising effectively with external stakeholders as required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a responsive level of customer service whilst conforming to procedural requirements.
- Ability to operate constructively as a member of a team; and to prioritise work, so as to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and direction.
- Providing a range of financial support services and entering data accurately and efficiently into systems.
- You will be expected to hold vaccinations in relation to the COVID-19 immunisation should your CQUniversity role require you to attend any setting / venue / event where there is a specific entry requirement for you to hold these vaccinations, as per relevant State Government directives.
For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Description.
Apply today for a career that changes lives
Applications Close: 11:59pm, Sunday, 4 December 2022
Job Requisition ID: 2558
When submitting your application, please include:
Your Current CV or Resume, and a 1-2 page Cover Letter highlighting your relevant skills, experience and suitability for the position. Please note, applicants for the position must have full time work rights.
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and CQUniversity’s domestic and international student graduates with post-study work rights are encouraged to apply.